Gerard Forrest vs. Michael Hunter II, II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 28, 2021.

The Slugger or The Hunter?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2021.
  1. Forrest on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Forrest by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hunter on points

90.0%
  5. Hunter by stoppage

10.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    First instance I've run into where you have a guy with "II" as part of his name (as in the Roman numerals for "...the second") in a rematch that is Part II of a rivalry. :sisi1

Part of a heavyweight prospects triple-header airing on Fite.tv internet PPV, co-featured with Cassius Chaney vs. George Arias and Trey Lippe vs. Ademola Michael Balogun this coming Thursday.

You'd be forgiven for forgetting fight #1 - it was 7½ years ago, early in both their pro careers when nobody was familiar with them and buried very deep on the Guerrero vs. Kamegai & Lomachenko vs. GRJ undercard (in fact, it wasn't even televised on the prelims show on Sho Xtreme!). Hunter took an eight round unanimous decision over his southpaw countryman then.

Currently only Hunter is rated at heavyweight, seventh by the WBC. Forrest had been jockeying for position in the same organization's bridgerweight rankings, #11 there and thus ineligible for dual placement at HW.

Hunter is coming off a stoppage of Michael Robert "White Delight" Wilson in August. Forrest is coming off a draw with "Big Bang" Zhìlěi Zhāng in February.

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  2. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Hunter on points. He couldn't stop him the first time, or even hurt him, and Forrest seems better and more energetic now. Unless hooves for hands Zhilei damaged his chin so much he can't take punches anymore, I really don't see Hunter stopping him.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  3. Scott Cork

Scott Cork Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Hunter on points. Lippe and Chaney by stoppage.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    You need a "TrillerVerz Pass" subscription to watch this - which costs $2.99/month or $29.99 annually.

5. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Hunter UD, Forrest gives it an honest try though.

6. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I thought this was the original Brazilian George Arias. Glad it's not, had actually forgotten about his younger namesake.

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh yeah! :lol:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/14453

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/698932

Their careers did actually overlap by a couple of years...if the Brazilian had hung around a bit longer they could have fought.

...and
    This content is protected
    ge Ar
    would've beaten
    by wide UD, of course. :sisi1

Max Thunder likes this.
  8. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Hasn't fought since 2016, looks like the Dragon King retired him.. :xqw

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Hunter weighed in 222, Forrest 231.

As for the co-main event, George "Gentleman" Arias weighed in at 225½ and Cassius "C.O.G. (Child of God)" Chaney at 249¼lbs.