GERMAN middle champ..........what you brits gonna do about it???

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by unitas, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

2. dwilson

dwilson Guest

True but then again i dont overly rate sylvester, he's good but there are better middles than him. Duddy has potential but i do not think he has quite what it takes to crack the top of the division.

3. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Neither do I , infact I'm almost sure he doesn't . But can Duddy beat Sylvester ?.......ya he'd have a decent chance .

I do think Duddy is up to European level though and I think he will be successful in his attempt to win that(which is the current plan for him) .

However unless Duddy is able to fight a guy like Sylvester(if he was for example engineered into a position where he wins a world title) for a title then he won't win one . He won't ever be beating the Taylor's , Abraham's or Pavlik's of this world .

4. dwilson

dwilson Guest

He should beat sylvester if the hype is true but im not so sure yet. I will be impressed if he does and in what fashion. The long term plan for him is impressive but he needs a couple more decent match ups before he steps up to sylvester and further.

5. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Isn't Sylvester suposed to be a really dirty fighter? Heard stuff about him punching his last opponent in the neck?
    I'm not stating this as fact, just what I've heard.

6. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

7. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    no he is a defensive technical fighter , who adpots single jab or at most 1 -2 punches at a time.

there was one time that askainen turned his back and sylvester did continue to throw and land a cheap shot to the back of the head.

the ko win was legit and fair.

IMO even this version of eastman beats sylvester.

sylvester is very short for a middleweight and wobbles anytime he is hiot clean with a halfway decent punch.

if eastman tag him clean stylveter will wobble or go downmand then it is up to eastman to finish him.

sylvester`s punches despite the askainen ko will not make eastman even blink .

sylvester IMO has to be matched very carefully as while he looks the part/huge shoulders/well built little tank of a middle his chin is serously poor which is why his double arm guard is up 90% of the time.