Gervonta Brown Davis vs. Isaac Jonathan Cruz González

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 1, 2021.

Tank or Pitbull?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2021.
  1. Davis on points

7.1%
  2. Davis by stoppage

82.1%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cruz on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cruz by stoppage

10.7%
  1. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004

The same org that has Tank at 9 while Cruz is at 6. Tank has done far more than Cruz has and somehow they rank him 9? Yea no bias here

Oneirokritis and DaRealJT like this.
  2. Jackman65

Jackman65 Oh yeah, FJB! Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Yep, it makes this joke of a fight seem legitimate to idiots. They will bill it as an “upset” or great victory when Tank knocks this guy out. No defense, basic boxer, tiny guy who has fought no one, he has zero chance. Protypical Tank opponent.

Is there a bigger fraud cherry picker in the sport of boxing? Not kidding, I can’t think of any other boxer who only fights bums like Tank. Why are they afraid to put him in the ring with a credible opponent? I think I know…he’d get exposed quickly.

Oneirokritis and lobk like this.
  3. DaRealJT

DaRealJT President Pacquiao KO1 Biden Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Cruz is a tougher opponent than Romero but Gervonta KOs him regardless

Toney F*** U likes this.
  4. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Another weak, cherry picked, no hope opponent, yay. Wake me up when he's in a real fight :sleeping:

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    It is too easy to only push negatives in a boxing matchup. You pretend superb matchups happen every time out. Well, they do when it is your favorite fighter in question! Not to say they shouldnt. But you should judge by what actually happens, not by some personal wouldve couldve shouldve nonsense that, once again, takes but a mentally challenged preteen to be able to argue in this sport.

"B, b, but i think he sucks and should be fighting Bruce Lee!" Rinse and repeat. You guys are miserable.

6. Nonito Smoak

Sep 8, 2010
    Thats what most of us thought about Teofimo facing Kambosos.

7. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Here's the difference - with Kambosos there was a perceived difference in levels between he and López. Those can be tricky. Our eyes can deceive us when it comes to approximating levels. Here though, we have a decided stylistic advantage for Davis over Cruz. The guy is tailor made to be countered to death. So maybe some people are dismissing it for dumb reasons, thinking Cruz is hopeless because he doesn't have any huge wins or much of a name or whatever...but some of us doubting how much a threat he poses have actually put some thought into the matter.

sasto, Banana-Rama and Nonito Smoak like this.
  8. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Roman Andreev would've been an interesting fight, that guy hasn't gotten the step up he needs yet. I wonder why that is as he's ranked quite highly by certain orgs.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  9. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Magdaleno, Vargas and Romero were all good wins, not top shelf by any means but good for a contender to have at this stage of his career.

10. Nonito Smoak

Sep 8, 2010
    That is all good and dandy. Actually, thats very "legit." Still doesnt make up for all the countless times the one with the style disadvantage flipped the script. Thats why they fight the fights and why we (should) judge the merit of the win flat, regardless of opinion of style meshing, as that is more to the details and story of the fight. I wouldnt be saying any of this if the comments on this forum werent 4:1 at best straight shitting on the matchup.

11. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Crap fight. Davis feeding off of low tier fighters to boost his record and his ego. Never heard of this opponent.

Banana-Rama and Jackman65 like this.
  12. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I'm not entirely sure Cruz doesn't pull the upset here. He seems to deal with southpaws quite well, and his looping right hook, which is his money punch, seem to be uber effective on them. Sure you can say, but it was just Diego Magdaleno. Yeah... well, that was the same Magdaleno who went 7 rounds with Teofimo Lopez, who was coming off of one of the better wins of his career against Austin Dulay. So if Cruz who is durable, starts this fast against the very hittable Stank..... who knows.

13. Jackman65

Jackman65 Oh yeah, FJB! Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    If this was the only time it’s happened with Davis, you might have a point. He’s a total cherry picking bum-killer. No doubt he will KO this guy because he is a low skill basic fighter. Are people really this stupid? Tank is treated like a top fighter by his clueless fans but his matchmakers treat him like a prospect. He’s 27 years old and is still avoiding top talent at his weight. I was merely pointing out the FACT that it’s not surprising to see him fighting bums. It’s what he does exclusively. Every fighter takes a soft fight once in a while. Tank does it every fight.

Banana-Rama and iii like this.
  14. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    At least he's not as stupid as Aydamn, who genuinely believes that Dillian Whyte is currently the best British Heavyweight.

Then again, nobody could be as stupid as the aforementioned person who skulked away from the forum like a petulant toddler because Whyte got ironed out by old, shot Povetkin. :lol:

ShovelHook likes this.
  15. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Andreev is in his mid-30's, and has already been bounced off the canvas more than once by second tier opposition. He's roughly the equivalent in terms of style and talent to Liam Walsh, who was wiped out in three and promptly dismissed by Davis's detractors.

Cruz is younger, is probably more talented, almost certainly more durable, and happens to be aggressive and fillty A.F. He's most certainly a more capable opponent and I think presents more issue in terms of style than the middling Andreev or the ultra one dimensional Romero would have provided. Plus, he's got a higher ranking overall (#2 in the IBF), and happens to be ranked top 10 by Ring and TBRB. Dude's a credible guy to bring in, and honestly it's a much better fight for Davis at this point in his career.

shza and CST80 like this.