Gervonta Davis and Tevin Farmer?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pistal47, Apr 13, 2017.

1. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Farmer is a super talented guy, but he's good, southpaw, not exciting and has a semi-bad record. No promoter wants his guy to fight him, there's no upside. He's Zaire Raheem; 2018.
    Farmer is a to 20 talent (yes, in the world), but his lack of power, out of ring lifestyle and questionable training habits will keep him roughly where he is. He was hosed (in my humble opinion) in his last fight because the powers that be, in the lighter weights, just don't want their fighters in the ring with a left-handed spoiler. Arum would never make that fight with Lomachenko; high risk no real reward.

Davis is a different story. Arum and Lomachenko keep calling out a guy with no title, no defined weightclass, and no fights against real contenders for one main reason:

He can't fight.

It is not that he will never be able to fight, but he can't now, he's a prospect who got lucky with a paper belt. He is a strong powerful guy, but he has a way to go. He went from fighting junior-level (silver gloves and the like) amateur fights to journeymen pros. He's 3-4 fights away from being legitimate championship material.

2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Eh... I was hoping Davis would be a force but, Davis seems more like he will be lucky to even reach Broners level. Kids got talent but one of the lowest IQs and character ive seen in awhile (well... maybe tied with Ortiz) That lack of character will most likely be his undoing.... imo.

I hope he smartens up and develops character... but i dont see that happening before he loses.

3. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    One of my choices when people ask "Dream fights"

Think the build up would be good cos they genuinely don't like each other and I can't see either holding back in the ring

I'd hope for a Farmer win..