Gervonta Davis showing admiration to Naoya Inoue (video)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    That’s what’s been impressing me about Tank as well. Not only take a punch but also not feel discouraged even when pushed. He could end the fight at any time because of his fight changing power, even if he’s being outboxed. He’s starting to remind me of a much better version of Wilder.

2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Seckbach is absolutely clueless

Tank however knows his stuff

3. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    This has annoyed me for years, watch for about 2:50 where Eli calls Josh Taylor Scott repeatedly (no idea. Guess he thought Quigg had suddenly joined team Frampton after their fight?) Granted Taylor was still relatively unknown at the time but good god man.

This content is protected

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015

FFS... interviewers who won't STFU....

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Elie's life is completing immersed in boxing, yet he DKSAB. Weird.

One of many examples:

He called Inoue overrated and said he didn't see the big deal. And he told a no name Robert Garcia fighter that he beats Inoue easily.

6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He is totally useless

7. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Nah, I think Japan knows who Inoue is. Whenever I've brought him up in conversation the last few years, people know his name. Generally any Japanese achieving in a sport is loved out here. Though I would agree most don't know quite how good he is, so you might be right in regards to the larger Murata getting more attention. Plus Inoue seems to be featured quite prominently on billboards on the Tokyo metro these days.

Serge likes this.
  8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    One Sunday Japanese fight fans had the chance to see a a notable on Fuji TV. The main event saw WBA "regular" Bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue (17-0, 15) [井上 尚弥] defend his title, with a 70 second win over Dominican challenger Juan Carlos Payano (20-2, 9), whilst the chief supporting bout saw WBC Light Flyweight champion Kenshiro (14-0, 8) [拳四朗] stop Milan Melindo (37-4, 13).

Today the TV numbers for the Kanto region we released.

The broadcast averaged 8.4% of the Kanto region and peaked at an impressive 12.6% of the audience share, with some speculating that the short length of the main event may have lead to a lower peak than expected. On the flipside of that Inoue's quick win may help increase numbers for future fights the fans now knowing he could take opponents out at any moment, and he has certainly seen a lot of press talking about the bout, which may also help intrigue in future bouts.

In raw numbers that's around 3.6 million watching on average from the Kanto region with a peak of 5.5 million viewers.

Naoya Inoue draws huge viewership on tape delay (again)

This past weekend we saw WBA "Super", IBF and Ring Magazine Bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue (20-0, 17) [井上 尚弥] retain his titles with a 7th round win over stubborn Australian Jason Moloney (21-2, 18), who really did show incredible toughness.

The first broadcasting in Japan was live on premium TV channel WOWOW, a channel that is somewhat similar to HBO or Showtime in the US. It's a premium subscription service, that combines high level content, such as movies and live sport.

The second, and more interesting broadcast, was on Fuji TV, a free to air channel in the Kanto region. It's Fuji TV that have backed Inoue heavily since his third professional bout and is a terrestrial channel, for our UK viewers think of it as ITV or channel 4. Although it was free on Fuji TV it wasn't live. Instead it was on tape delay around 12 hours after the original broadcasting. This meant it had a prime time slot on one of the biggest free to air channels in Japan.

Despite the tape delay the bout has been an instant rating success. In Kanto the bout got an average audience of 10.6%. That number is genuinely insane for a bout on tape delay, and is a massive increase on what Fuji have been showing in the same time slot.

The last 4 week average for Fuji in that same time slot has been 5.9%, giving this an increase of almost 5% over those recent weeks.

Notable this isn't a one off. Other Inoue bouts shown on tape delay have also drawn huge numbers, such as his bout with his bout against Emmanuel Rodriguez also drawing over 10% on tape delay.

Whilst it is a lower number that those that tuned in for Inoue's 2019 clash with Nonito Donaire, which was shown live on Fuji TV and NHK BS8K, it is still a number that genuinely dwarves numbers typically seen in the US and the UK.

Gotta make it a point every time when these news are posted. This is the numbers for the Kanto region - which is basically Tokyo, Yokohama and surroundings. Out 40mil people living in the Kanto area, 5mil had watched Inoue knock out Payano that night.

9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    You could tell even Tank found Seckbach's ass kissing and questions annoying.

10. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I feel he just wants the fight

11. From.Russia

From.Russia Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    haha, true. I wanted to make thread about him. This brown-nosed degenerate got access to best gyms since years, but DKSAB and his typical interview looks like this:

Ellie: Who gonna win, fighter A or B?
    Trainer X: Fighter A.
    Ellie: But fighter B got power!!!

Sometimes I think he is special needs and people in gym just let him socialize.

12. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    This is wishful thinking. Inoue weighs 122 pounds dripping wet. Davis weighed in at 135 for Garcia, and was 144 on fight night.
    Can't be done.