Gervonta Davis vs. Héctor Luis García Mora & Jaron Ennis vs. Karen Chukhadzhian RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jan 7, 2023.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He got outboxed by tiny Featherweight Santa Cruz for 5 rounds, then got bailed out by his power.

He struggled to KO a one legged Gamboa until Tank was handed a mercy stoppage win (to keep his KO streak alive) in the 12th.

He lost almost every round against a cherry picked beanpole who should have lost to southpaw Akhmedov in Barrios. Once again, bailed out by his power.

He got beaten up and hurt by hacky unskilled joke of a boxer Rollie Romero. Again, bailed out by his power.

Finally an actual Lightweight in Isaac Cruz, wasn't bailed out by his power, the vast majority of viewers thought he got a gift decision.

Drug bird chested small but skilled Super Featherweight, in Garcia, up one division, was struggling mightily with him, and hurt a few times, but... that's right, his power bailed him out.

The only thing legit about him is his power, against glass jawed much smaller fighters anyway.

2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah. I think he will beat gay twink after being down in the fight, and lose to Loma in a duel.

3. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah well... don't get your hopes up, and if you're rooting against Ryan because you think he's gay, I'm pretty sure Tank is too.

Serge likes this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: Nope and I've had so many run ins with his grotesque fans (not on here) I'll still be hurling rocks at them from the grave

Levook, TheShellofKell and CST80 like this.
  5. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Lmao I don't care. But I know that's why some people like Garcia. May the best man win.

6. TheShellofKell

TheShellofKell Nakatani Future P4P #1 Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Haha, Im not a fan either, tune in hoping to see him lose, but as long as he is pulling up fighters from lower weights that he can break with 1 shot (Garcia, Cruz) that wont happen.

Serge and CST80 like this.
  7. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, because he's a good boxer with devastating power, that's lost far fewer rounds than Tank Davis has.

8. Likethembigroundchunky

Likethembigroundchunky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    The tide was turning in Tanks favour imo.

He does get clipped too often though for my liking. At some point one of those is going to hurt him. Tank is good but I can't help thinking he could be a lot better.

Manfred and kirk like this.
  9. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    I think some people like Garcia for other reasons... But hey.. if he beats Tank... Hats off to him.

10. jaycea

jaycea Manc living in Canada Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I see tank won. Hopefully now the Ryan Garcia fight. I didn't watch as for some reason I just am not able to bring myself to watch guys the same height I was as a 11 or 12 year old. Not sure why but just can't get into dwarf boxing.

11. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I didn’t watch this fight tonight but he’s not being bailed out by his power. He waits for the perfect shots and very slowly breaks his opponent down. Sacrificing rounds is part of his game.

Fogger likes this.
  12. ernieshaverash

ernieshaverash Well known. I have two cars. Ten houses. Full Member

Jan 7, 2023
    And if he doesn't get it, they've cooked the cards anyway. Risk free!

Pepsi Dioxide and kiwi_boxer like this.
  13. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, sure he does. That wasn't the case tonight. He was landing flush and repeatedly in Garcia, he was soaking up almost everything he was doling out, all the while Garcia was outworking him and landing heavy shots in almost every round. Garcia finally got hurt, and his corner pulled him out. Another lucky break for the deck stacking Featherweight Killer.

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Why? Because he's a Mexican? Yeah, well.... some pick Tank because he's black and some pick Loma because he's white. It is what it is. That's run of the mill tribalism for you. Personally, I rate KOing full fledged Lightweights in Luke Campbell and Javier Fortuna a little higher than losing to and getting a gift against Cruz and KOing Rollie Romero.

15. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    ;)

We'll see when the fight happens. I think Davis' Southpaw stance, power, and counter punching ability will end up being the difference. But Garcia is an aggressive fighter and a good closer. Great that needs to happen.

Canned Cactus and CST80 like this.