Gervonta Davis vs. Rolando Florencio Romero Moreno & Erislandy Lara vs. Gary O'Sullivan RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 28, 2022.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    That is an unproven allegation you are making. However this is not the first time the crybaby has pulled out of fights. Did it with Haney, Tank and now Cruz. Does not matter when and how you knock them out provided you do. Won’t mind so much but for Ryan Garcia’s big mouth. If you talk the talk you need to be prepared to walk the walk. It seems Tanks knockouts gave Garcia nervous shock syndrome affecting his mental health and nervous hence I have stopped asking for the fight to spare him trauma.

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    :qmeparto:

So is pretty much everything you say about Ryan Garcia.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  3. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    I will be shocked if tank vs rolly goes past 6

Bustajay and George Crowcroft like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Cruz would beat the everliving **** out of Rolly though

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  5. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I actually thought Davis looked really good against Fonseca, once he got in his groove. He showed more skills than usual, but because of this, he hit him with everything he had and couldn't produce the results Ryan did.

Davis being one of boxing's hardest punchers is a myth. Predicated off if beautiful shots against overmatched opposition - like the Santa Cruz KO. He can set up some nasty shots, but his actual pound-for-pound, one-punch power pales in comparison to Donaire or Inoue IMO. Wilder, Beterbiev, Smith Jr. & even someone like Crawford all probably hit harder.

Actually, Rolly himself can probably hit harder.

CST80 likes this.
  6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    But would he though? He didn't beat the ever living **** out of Mattice, Romero or even Vargas.

7. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I’m not saying Tank is the next coming of ____, but whoever he’s in there with better bring a lunch. He’s a tough kid, plenty of speed and power, he’s the kind that fights to the caliber of his opponent, tonight that won’t help him. That said he beats the **** out of Rolly,

Bustajay likes this.
  8. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I've been picking Tank over damn near everyone in the division. He has tremendous skills no doubt to fight backwards, forward, tremendous punch leverage inside, etc. The Rolly fight has been seen somewhat of a joke due to his wildness, balance issues, posing after shots, and relative inexperience at 14 fights, but I still say this is a dangerous fight. I like to have fun here on fight nights and pick underdogs since I'm not betting my own house. Rolly is deceptive in the ring, has sparred a lot of the top fighters, and has tremendous power and size for the division.

Tank was taken deep into the fight by Gamboa and if Rolly fights a more disciplined fight where Tank is over aggressive, things can get crazy. We've seen Tank walk into shots before trying to get in, and you don't want to be taken deep into the fight by Rolly who is dangerous in every round, and has hurt everyone he has faced. Stranger things have happened in boxing and self belief matters a lot. Rolly seems confident. This could be multiple kd's back a forth banger. Rolly has that punchers chance and all the pressure is on Tank not to lose to a supposedly limited fighter. Can't wait.

CST80 likes this.
  9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    No the WBC actually mandated the fight with Haney making Garcia his mandatory and he pulled out. He publicly called Tank on various which made Mike Tyson who had Tank’s number call him when Ryan was on Mike’s podcast. Tank not only accepted but said the chilling that had it been him who caught Ryan like Cool Hand Luke who is not a puncher that he would have killed him . Ryan did a ***** move and pulled out. Now Cruz after it had been mandated. I am starting to think Garcia is just an Instagram fighter.

10. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    What has Rolly done to really prove he's better than they are? Guy was clueless against Martinez.

Bustajay likes this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think he is Romero’s worst nightmare.

12. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Garcia has a better legit win at LW than Tank does. Ryan wouldn't have been as relaxed against Tank, so it's doubtful that would've happened.

13. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I think they're both each other's worst nightmares. See, that comes from not being a shameless nut hugging fanboy and disliking both. Clarity of vision.

14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Hey, everyone has their stylistic mismatches. It happens. However, Sparrow and Yigit are both decent quality operators, and yes Yigit is definitely better than Matice, Romero and the version of Vargas he fought.

15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011