GGG-Canelo media scorecards & CompuBox

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by NewBoxingOrder, Sep 16, 2017.

1. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    That was very good post sir, nice one

2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    :thinking: I thought Golovkin won their first match and I totally think that he will win the rematch, provided that it happens this year.

The only difference is that I and many others acknowledge that Canelo not only carried his attributes up with him from 154 but also improved on them. He really has matured into an elite fighter. Before their fight there were many question marks over Saul's head and I think that he's answered them. There's no shame in tipping my hat to an excellent fighter.

JohnnyDrama99 likes this.
  3. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    To be fair, most of Isal's 32,000 posts came back in the day where there wasn't the option for other members to vote that they liked a post.
    So the percentage of likes to total posts isn't an accurate percentage with almost every member here that's been here dating back years and years.

Isal's posts date back to 2006, you just joined in 2016, when the option to press "I like" option was already available.

IsaL likes this.
  4. joeyp130

joeyp130 Active Member Full Member

Dec 15, 2013

I think if GGG goes to the body, early and often then he drains Canelos 6 round tank sooner and maybe gets a stoppage. If he doesn't stop him, then Canelo wins on the cards. They'll be 2 "a little off" cards for the next fight.

JohnnyDrama99 and BCS8 like this.
  5. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Agree, agree, agree.

They said Golovkin didn't go to the body for fear of being countered. He ate Canelo's sunday punch without blinking, so I think that Gena can risk it. He needs to start fast and hammer those ribs early. Canelo was gassing badly mid rounds and found his second wind in the 10th. If GGG can put a stop to Canelo recovering, he'll stop Canelo, period.

joeyp130 and JohnnyDrama99 like this.
  6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Aw, we have a sensitive poster here. Lets be extra nice to this guy.

I average less than 3000 posts per year, my posting has dropped considerably the last few years, so I would say I probably average less than 2000 posts per year, the likes feature started sometime last year. So you do the math buddy.

7. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    If Golovkin tries to attack Canelo's body he will be leaving himself wide open for Canelo's counters. Canelo is also shorter so that means that Golovkin will really need to drop his hands and it will give Canelo more opportunities to T-off on GGGs chin.

There is a reason why GGG didn't attack the body, and it has nothing to do with him thinking Canelo's head was an easier target.

8. JohnnyDrama99

JohnnyDrama99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    He needs to take risks to reap the rewards. That was one thing GGG did wrong in the first fight. He didn't switch things up with his offensive attack by only focusing on the head. Had he gave Canelo something to defend against downstairs it probably would have increased his connect percentage. It also could have helped Alvarez connect percentage with counters. Hopefully in the rematch both men will make some adjustments to help their cause and make for a better fight as well

BCS8 and joeyp130 like this.
  9. joeyp130

Dec 15, 2013
    Hey man..i agree with that. However I do think that GGG took Canelos best shot..what was it..that huge right in the 9th? That at least KDs most other MWs. It was the single biggest punch of the night and G walked through it and kept coming forward. G will take some shots if he goes to the body, no doubt. But if G can take that huge right, I think the risk is worth it. And like others have said, i think he needs to adjust and change a few things. A body attack will get into Canelos already questionable tank and drain him sooner.

10. joeyp130

Dec 15, 2013
    Oh..I also think if G can disguise his straight right and turn it into a hook he catches Canelo doing that little spin move he kept doing to avoid the straight right.

I give Canelo credit. He was able to move away from the straight right and he improved his footwork 100 fold for that fight. Canelo didn't look like he was wearing concrete boots like he has in the past

11. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Golovkin going to the body against Canelo is likely not going to happen.

People are puzzled on why Golovkin didn't go to the body, his fans point out that Golovkin neglected Canelo's body, like you're doing now.
    90% of the time when a fighter does'nt do something in a bout, there's good reason for it not happening.

People don't understand that Golovkin's strengths as a puncher come from mid-range.
    Golovkin is nowhere near exceptional on the inside. Canelo Alvarez is a lot better than Golovkin at close range, thus along with Canelo landing some uppercuts on the inside early on Golovkin, was the reason Golovkin shy'd away from going to the body.

Canelo is simply better than Golovkin at close range, then you add to that Canelo throws good powerful uppercuts, and that's the reason right there why Golovkin shy'd away from going to the body vs Canelo.
    The inside is not Golovkin's forte and that's not going to change in the rematch, if he tries to force his way in, lookout because imo its Golovkin who is the one that will be getting stopped.

12. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    GGG won the first fight.

NewBoxingOrder likes this.
  13. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Did you watch the first fight?

14. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    GGG won 9-3/8-4 I personally didn't find it hard to score.

15. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I watched the fight 2 times and i scored it 115-113 for Golovkin both times with Canelo winning the first 2 rounds and the last 3 rounds and Golovkin winning all the mid rounds.

A couple of the rounds were very close therefore a draw was ok imo.