GGG-Canelo media scorecards & CompuBox

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by NewBoxingOrder, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Yes it really was skilful stuff and to my memory the only really telling blow from Golovkin was the one where Canelo shakes his head as if to say I’m still here.
    Chris Byrd are we talking about the HW boxer who fought Wlad?

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    It was skillful stuff, and what you are referring to when Canelo shook his head was in the 5th round. In both the 4th and the 5th round Canelo went to the ropes for a prolonged period of time. In both rounds Canelo was winning the first half of the round before he went to the ropes, but in the 4th GGG didn't land anything on Canelo when he went to the ropes. In the 5th GGG did land that shot to the side of the head, and that was instrumental in why I gave GGG that round, that shot and how GGG finished the round.

What Byrd was getting at is that when you go to the ropes, and fight off the ropes, it shouldn't hurt you from a scoring perspective when you go there and don't get hit and look comfortable in picking off your opponents shots and are fighting back off the ropes effectively. But if you get hit, of course it should hurt you and has the potential to swing the round. That didn't happen in the 4th round, but did to an extent in the 5th with that shot that GGG got in that Canelo shook his head to.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  3. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    BINGO!!!

If that had been Mayweather doing it against GGG, the pundits would have reminded us all of his defensive genius, but it was Canelo, a slow footed Mexican who stereotypically cant and shouldn't be doing that.

You're absolutely right, everytime Canelo was on the ropes Golovkin got the credit for just being there and moving his hands outward, whether anything landed was of non-consequence when it relates to the slow footed Mexican's back being on the ropes.

shadow111 likes this.
  4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    @IsaL

OvidsExile and Pakkuman like this.
  5. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
  6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Yeah, the first fight was close... very close.

GGG got his ass kicked in the rematch. And even in the first fight he was at the receiving end of a good beating despite making it very close due to Canelo fighting at MW for the first time and not having time to acclimate.

7. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    But I thought the boxers' opinions meant a lot to you, Isal. In the list, there are 41 boxers who thought GGG won, 4 who had it a draw and 5 who thought Canelo won(2 of which associated with GBP). So by your very own logic, GGG clearly won the first fight.

8. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Wow! That's a lot of hard work! And I definitely agree with the masses on this one.
    Beside the 2 promoters, 5 others shared the same ethnic background, which might have explained their emotional decision. 3 are fellow countrymen and would probably receive negative backlash if they went the other way.

Truly a horrible decision!

OvidsExile likes this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Do you have these fantasies often?? Should you be on medication??:duh

10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    They mean more than internet fans and journalists.

The first fight was definitely close and an argument can definitely be made that Canelo lost.

Now can you say the same about Golovkin losing the rematch?

11. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    You are funny, “an argument can be made”. If those same guys had Canelo winning, you would say it was conclusive proof. I agree the second fight was a different story. I thought it was much closer and should have been a draw but that first one was no draw. Come on, be honest.

velagod likes this.
  12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I had Canelo clearly winning the first three rounds and the last three rounds. I also gave Canelo round 4.

I can totally accept someone giving GGG 7 rounds, hell, maybe even 8 rounds can be argued because each round was close.

Canelo landed the much better punches and had much better defense.

GGG only landed an average 2.5 punches per round more than Canelo, and they were jabs.

The fact that the most you can give Canelo for the rematch is a draw truly shows your agenda. Especially if you consider the judges, and many boxers, including boxing legends had it for Canelo. Even Abel Sanchez thought Canelo deserved the win.

So on one hand, I prove to be very objective, and you go against boxing legends and even Golovkin's own trainer by not being able to bring yourself to accept that Canelo beat Golovkin in the rematch... You are the definition of a Nuthugger and or a Hater.

13. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    So the opinion of boxing legends matters when they agree with you but you disregard it when they don’t? I saw both fights several times. It’s ancient history and these guys are obviously moving in different directions. Canelo is prime and GGG is getting older and slower with each fight. I thought he lost the last fight to DChenko and would lose to Canelo if they fought a third time. I was just giving you ****.

I like the fact that you have a different opinion on this one. If we all agreed on everything, I’d leave this place immediately because it wouldn’t nearly as much fun.

14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I form my own opinions based on what I see. I don't need anyone validating my opinions, even boxing legends, but perhaps maybe the official judges of the fight.

Most people who scored it for Golovkin said that the fight was very close, and most had it close on their scorecards.

I have never had any problems with anyone scoring either fight for Golovkin despite me scoring both fights for Canelo. Only reason why I bring up all those boxers and boxing legends who scored it for Canelo is because the haters love to talk about the press scoring it for GGG. I learned along time ago that the press DKSAB often times, but boxing legends do.

FYI: 80% of the press scored the DLH-Mosley rematch for Mosley, in a fight that was blatantly a robbery that even the FBI got involved. That's a real robbery.

15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Under the direction of Oscar. Nard knows boxing he was just following instructions