GGG says he will fight Ward at 168 when he is a PPV fighter

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by vladboston, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010

Yes he is, but hes staying firmly at 172 while those two wreck havock in 175

2. Jeff M

Jeff M Future ESB HOF Full Member

Nov 22, 2008
    And so Triple Duck will continue to duck Ward.....

3. FilipMNE

FilipMNE Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 3, 2011
    lol GGG acts like he himself is PPV lol, fact is neither is PPV fighter but together they can be on PPV.

4. Koba

Koba Whimsical Inactivisist Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    This is old news. Both camps are reading from the same page and neither particularly want it right now.

This fight WILL happen when the money is right, but not until.

5. Jeff M

Jeff M Future ESB HOF Full Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Exactly.

6. shortydee

shortydee Active Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Fair points, but I'd say your desription of Smith is way off target.

Smith is a small SMW who was dragged up to LHW, but even with his 10 or so Ls doesnt mean the average street punk could beat him.

MOF.....Paul Smith would demolish almost every average street punk on the planet. Up to and including the 300 lb gorillas manning the doors at the Hollywood Night Spots. And in short order. :patsch

7. shortydee

Sep 8, 2012
    Ward beat a couple former or current( at that time) titlists in a tournament that they were forced to fight in.

GGG has beaten current or former titlists outside a tournament without them being forced into the ring with him.

A titlist wins a title. A Champion beats the other titlists. Ward WAS a Champion when he beat a couple titlists.

GGG IS a Champion as he has beat several former or current(at the time) titlists and is facing yet another one.

GGG fights 4X year. Ward fights 1 time every 4 yrs. :yep:yep:yep

8. shortydee

Sep 8, 2012
    If GGG does 400K plus again IBF Champion Lemieux, he will be a bonafide PPV player.

Any unfication fight will automatically be PPV.
    Any top name like Eubank Jr, Cotto/Canelo loser, etc and any titlist in a division N or S will be PPV fights from here on out.

Do I WANT to pay 40 bucks to watch GGG.....not really. Will I???? So long as it's vs a top name from 154-168 or a unification. Hell yeah I will.

But HBO is footing the bill for these fights, and if it's someone like Johnson as an IBF defense. It'll be regular HBO, and GGG will rely on his drawing power at the gate and K2 to get him a better regular HBO deal to make money, similar to how GBP is working for Canelo.:think

9. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    :good

I like Triple G, but he needs to start taking chances if he wants to become a PPV star, and his time is ticking away.

Sadly I feel he is waiting for that ONE payday against Canelo-Cotto winner. If that is the case, I hope he gets Khanned. :D

10. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010

And why would you hope that? He was mandatory ages ago and has been shafted out of the picture time and time again, yet you want to see HIM Khanned?

11. Cisco Route

Cisco Route He Who Says Nay banned

Apr 14, 2014
    No he isn't. Golovkin is a TITLIST @ middleweight. Cotto IS the Champion. Get your FACTS straight.

12. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006

Don't take me wrong. I really appreictae GGG's fight style, and his persona, but I can't stand a fighter waiting around for the smaller guys to move up. Same reason why my opinion of Hopkins wasn't a good one until he started fighting top guys his own size.

Ig GGG wants to be a star he needs to go out and make himself a star instead of waiting for smaller fighters to move up.

13. Imperial1

Imperial1 VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007

GGG called Ward out and it's funny he's a smaller to Ward yet wanted him at a catchweight @ 164 but had no problems going after Chavez jr and Froch at 168 .talk about hypocrisy !

14. Jake LaMotta

Jake LaMotta Lights Out Full Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Five years ago? That's funny, because as far as I was aware he fought Froch in December 11....which isn't even four years ago.

Your mathematics proficiency is astounding :patsch

15. Jake LaMotta

Jake LaMotta Lights Out Full Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Why don't you learn to add and subtract like any five year old can before you start chatting rubbish about others learning the sport. You're embarrassing yourself as well as the countries education system