GGG vs James Toney at 160.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by JohnThomas1, Sep 19, 2020.

Who wins?

1. Toney by decision.

2. Toney by stoppage.

3. Ladies and gentieman we have a draw!!!

4. GGG by decision.

5. GGG by stoppage.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

Reading comprehension?

Summary: Loudon admitted he was not much on the history of the middleweights and where they rank. Example: He said wasn't familiar with many fighters on another poster top 25 list.

He agrees that GGG does better vs. the same fighters Toney fought by a 3-1 margin with two no replies to my questions. And he thinks McCallum is way up there, placing him in similar company with Hopkins.

So we have an admission, his picks in fights, and an opinion on McCaullum

Got it?

If you want to talk about another thread, post it there. Funny whenever I choose to reply the other posters start with the excuses.

You never impress anyone on the mechanic of boxing. Have you ever boxed? Which division? Humor me. If you read my stuff I use technical breakdowns in my post, such as Toney has wide shoulders and short arms, and is out jabbed by every decent jabber he fought. Nunn, McCallum and Jones for examples.

Toney is a hooker and counter puncher which works best vs the older and slower, he would try that vs. GGG who not only has a world class jab, but hits harder than anyone he fought at 160-168 using video, stats analysis, the fact that he finished his man faster than the field in general. Unlike Toney always tests clean of PED's.

BCS8 likes this.
  2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    If you going by compu-box , there are 3 categories to chose from.

If you look at the power punch counter , which tallies up all the best clean effective punching , you will see that Jacobs OUTLANDED Golovkin 8 of the 12 rounds.

The final punch report has Jacobs out landing GGG 144 - 126.

You just struck yourself out.

Fights that go to points are often won on clean effective punching. .The power punch counter shows you why so many people had that fight so close , with some feeling GGG actually lost.

If Jacobs can out land Golovkin what do you think the more active and much more skilled Toney will do??!!

You just got struck OUT by your OWN silly stat based argument .. :risas3:

Loudon likes this.
  3. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    GGG fought nobody at 168.. .

Loudon likes this.
  4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dino fought Charlie Zelenoff for the UBF belt in July 2015 at Holly's Aerobics class. Zelenoff won by DQ when Dino ran away if memory serves.

Mendoza likes this.
  5. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    That's what they have been doing the entire thread.

22 year old Golovkin, at 168:

This content is protected

Clearly much faster than the 35 year old version.

6. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    excuses :lol::lol::lol: He threw less punches as he fought a real opponent.And at nearly 35, Toney threw over 800 punches against Jirov, nearly the same amount than he threw against Mc Callum I when he was 23.You once again do not know what you are talking about.

Nah Mc Callum landed only 3 more punches in that fight.You are confusing the fights.Toney threw more in both the Mc Callum and Jirov fights than GGG.If anybody’s gets outworked is GGG.

dinovelvet likes this.
  7. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Toney threw more punches against Jirov at nearly 35 than GGG.Age has nothing to do with il, quality of opponent does.james throws more punches than GGG, FACT.Your point is bull.You are getting schooled all the time lately

dinovelvet likes this.
  8. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    :lol: we are talking 160 clown

Mendoza likes this.
  9. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Well then it is even worse for you :lol::lol::lol:
    At 35, 30 pounds north, James still throws more punches than GGG.James the busier fighter, he would outwork GGG and not the other way around.Facts are Facts and you have nothing.You Sir, are getting schooled constantly :lol::lol::lol:

10. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    I see no facts ... why dont you provide some?

Mendoza likes this.
  11. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I gave you the punch stats, Mr Stats man :lol::lol::lol: You are unbelievable:lol::lol::lol:

12. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
  13. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Exactly. Shows you how much better Canelo was than 35 yo McCallum which many people including myself felt beat toney. BTW GGG threw 879 punches. You lose again.

14. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Mike UD Canelo