GGG vs James Toney at MW

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Sep 20, 2017.

Who wins

1. GGG points

25.2%
  2. James Toney points

55.3%
  3. GGG KO

6.8%
  4. James Toney KO

9.7%
  5. Draw (50/50)

2.9%
  1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    GGG has a better jab than Toney had.

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Then you don't understand boxing. You don't realize that Toney is a horrible match up for GGG it has already be thoroughly explained to you in this thread. Learn and a thing or two. FFS Canelo was able to counter the hell out of GGG had he been able to take advantage of GGG on the inside the fight would have been easy work. Toney unlike Canelo is an elite inside fighter who will take advantage of him there and he's an even better counter puncher on top of that he hits harder than Canelo and is bigger and stronger than both GGG and Canelo and has ATG defense while defending while fighting on the inside. I see no way that GGG wins this fight he has never shown the ability to beat a fighter the level of Toney who's a top 70 ATG but Toney has beaten better fighters than GGG.

3. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    LOL Jones would absoluty toy With GGG.

As for the result of this one Toney UD.

Loudon and Pimp C like this.
  4. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    GGG looked beatable against Brook FFS it was just that Brook a WW was too small to stand up to his attack. He wrote the blueprint and was the first to expose GGG.:deal: He looked very beatable against Jacobs and Canelo to WTF are you talking about?

yesihavearm2 and GoldenArms like this.
  5. Tettsuo

Tettsuo Active Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Disagree

Toney had much greater variation to his jab than GGG.

6. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    RJJ wouldn't have lost a round to GGG and I'm being serious if Toney is a bad style for GGG then RJJ is a nightmare for him. He's just too big too fast too long hit too hard for GGG to deal with. The way GGG shells up not looking to throw back when guys are getting off would leave him a sitting duck to a guy who could throw combos as fast and as much as RJJ did. GGG would get lit up with power 4 and 5 shot combos that would bust his ass up. Not only that GGG couldn't track RJJ down his feet were too fast. RJJ was a God with gloves in his prime a true H2H terror for anyone in the history of the sport.:deal:

Loudon likes this.
  7. qwertyblahblah

qwertyblahblah Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Pimp C said it all. This is a horrible matchup for Golovkin. Toney has all Canelo's qualities, plus he's bigger, faster, and a more sophisticated inside fighter. The best you can say for GGG is his chin would let him go the distance but allow Toney to deliver a sustained, brilliant dominant performance.

8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Others have said it as well. It's really that simple. Best versions of both in this fantasy match up Toney wins.

Tettsuo likes this.
  9. trinibbq

trinibbq New Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    This is a laughable comparison. GGG's power would be completely neutralized fighting the true middleweight James Toney. Toney got hit by flush power shots from the likes of Holyfield, Rahman, Peters and McCallum and was unphased. What in the **** is GGG supposed to do to that man? I don't think GGG gets knocked out but I think he loses by TKO when Abel throws in the towel in round 10 after being hit round after round by a stronger fighter in Lights out

10. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Do you believe James Toney had his same punching power as a HW, as he did when fighting at 160?

11. qwertyblahblah

qwertyblahblah Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I didn't have the patience to read through 20 pages at first. Reading through most of it now... the beatdown Ilikeboxing took on this thread from so many posters has to be one of the most impressive and thorough destructions of a troll's delusional logic I've seen on this forum.

How did Golovkin get 1/3 of the poll votes? :ohno

yesihavearm2, Pimp C and Ilikeboxing like this.
  12. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    LOL! GGG has alot of fans here and some of them have alts that's what my guess would be.

13. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    I get the impression not all that many really know much about James toney. At least not until he weighed 200 lbs.

14. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    It was you *****s who invented alt accounts remember ;)

BCS8 likes this.
  15. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Nah I thought it was the *******s.:thumbsup:

LANCE99 likes this.