GGG vs Murata

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by m.s., Dec 3, 2021.

1. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    :rolleyes:

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    You think GGG is an ATG mw? :risas3:

3. Jaiston

Jaiston Active Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Maybe GGG can find someone actually decent to fight.

drenlou likes this.
  4. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    GGG is 40 years old. He shouldn't fight those you mentioned.

5. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    This content is protected

6. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    It probably does more than Munguia and definetly more than 38 year old Lara who’s 0-1-1 in his last 2 meaningful fights. Especially with the opportunity to become a 2 time unified champion.

But after Murata, I agree that he should either face Andrade or just ****ing retire. And instead of calling GGG to pursue him, you should call for Munguia to grow a pair and step up against Andrade.

7. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Does nothing for GGG. A bigger fight than Munguia? Youre crazy. Guess what Lara is? the regular champ, guess what that means? You guessed it.....MANDATORY!!!. will he really dodge the dreaded mando when Lara is that guy? Hmmmm. As far as Andrade or or whoever youre talking about, somebody has to fight Andrade right? Id put money that Munguia will be that guy, lol, but what about GGG? ARE we going to go with the "hes 40 years old" mumbo jumbo? Hes fully capable of fighting the guys i mentioned, Murata is a waste of time. When was the last time Murata even fought?

8. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    I just mentioned in my previous post that he should fight Andrade or retire after Murata, I’m not the one who’s selective with his criticism.

And for those who are not nationalistic nuthuggers, Murata most definetly is a bigger fight than Munguia. Murata holds a title, Munguia doesn’t. Murata beings a huge payday, Munguia doesn’t. Murata brings the opportunity to become 2 time unified champion, Munguia doesn’t. In every imaginable way, Murata fight makes more sense for any MW out there.

You’re right, Lara is the regular champ. And Murata is the super champ. Yes, Lara will become GGG’s mandatory, but unless he fights Andrade next, I don’t care what GGG will do after Murata. I already said 2 times that I he should either fight Andrade after Murata or retire.

And I don’t give a **** about GGG’s age. What I do care about is he’s going into a title unification while Munguia is looking for a title shot, and he’s rated #1 by WBO. If anyone should be asked to face Andrade next, It’s Munguia but he obviously wants no part of it.

DynamicMoves likes this.
  9. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    When you say natiolistic critisim what are you talking about? You showed your true colors by saying i should ask or even want Munguia to step up to Andrade? Lol, why not GGG? MURATA is nada, just a flash in the pan who happens to hold a belt at the weight after beating Brant? How many defenses does he have after that? Did he not lose to Ndam? Cmon man. Muratas has a whole country of Japan who will pay to see him get knocked out by GGG, does that really mean anything? Bro, anybody could go into a title unification if you hold a belt, we seen that during Crawfords run at 140 pounds ect. And regarding Munguia, of course he will, hes got the tenacity of a young bull and will fight all comers. I wish i can say the same about GGG which his record is full of Muratas and never weres. Lets not act like this fight is a great fight, when its clearly not.

10. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    For the forth time, of course GGG should fight Andrade. Munguia should fight Andrade next, and GGG once is done with Murata, he should too. I’m not the one with double standards here, you are by slamming GGG for not fighting Andrade but giving Munguia a pass for blatantly ducking him.

And I never, not once said that Murata is a great fight, but he is a better opponent than Munguia or current Lara. Aside from Lara who only had 1 fight at the weight against a glorified(actually, not so glorified)They all have similar body of work at 160 minus the Brandt hiccup for Murata. And yes, Murata/Ndam 1 was just an insanity from the judges. Murata won that fight far more decisively than Munguia won against Dennis Hogan. I agree, becoming a two time unified champion against Murata doesn’t mean much legacy wise, but It sure means more than getting a title defence in against Munguia or Lara.

And GGG is a cherry picker but Munguia is a bull who’ll fight all comers for facing Rosado and Tureano Johnson? :lol:

All that being said, I would love to be proven wrong and see Munguia step up against Andrade. But there’s a slight problem with this, the FACT that Munguia passed on the opportunity to become the official mandatory after paying sanctioning fee for WBO’s garbage minor belts for several fights and WBO #2 rated Janibek getting the call instead.

11. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    For the 10th time of cousrse GGG should. Like i said Munguia is the mando for Andrade next, do you really think that fight isnt going to happen next or in the near future? Lol. Once GGG dispatches of Murata whenever that happens, he should fight his mandatory after that, right.....Lara? I have no double standards im just tired of people like you trying to convince me that GGG is that damn good when he hasnt face the opposition to convince me otherwise. You can try your hardest to convince me, im not going to agree with you.

Munguia is clearly the better opponent, you can ask casuals who really make up for the majority of fans who actually watch boxing who Murata is and guess what they would tell you? Ask any casual fan if they know who munguia is and thats your answer. How does beating Murata mean much more for his legacy than beating Munguia or Lara? Absolutely not.

Oh should Munguia fight the steve rolls, wades, monroes and salsaghettis of the world? Hes barely getting the hype he deserves, but GGG was considering him as an opponent how many years ago? Good thing Munguia got turned down as an opponent, but what about now? Is GGG too old now to face him? And janibek is a good fighter, so why not fight him next, if Munguia wants to take the GGG road?

12. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Keep living in denial. Munguia is blatantly ducking Andrade, It’s a fact that he passed on it and the #2 rated guy got the call. You’re pretending like it didn’t just happen Being a nationalistic nuthugger you are doesn’t change that.

I never, not once in this thread talked about how good GGG is, you’re just resorting to make **** up after running out of arguments. And he’s not even my favourite MW now, Andrade spanks him. Which is why I can freely say that he shouldn’t waste his time with Lara after Murata and go after another unification or retire.

And why would Munguia waste his time with Monroe’s of the world, when he can prove to his fanboys that he’s a bull who’ll take on all comers by beating guys who got schooled by the same Monroe’s of the world right? :lol:

13. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Golovkins purse is set by Dazn , doesn't matter if he's fighting Murata or Joe Bloggs. I doubt Murata is going to give him a share of his own purse?

Which is a bigger fight would be determined by who brings more subscribers for that month. I would say Mungia after is all action fight with Gabe would bring in more subscribers than Murata.

The casual fan has no clue who Murata is and the time of the fight is likely to be at an irregular hour.

Lastly Murata didn't beat anybody to become Super Champ. That title was a hand-me-down. Murata is a paper Champ

drenlou likes this.
  14. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    This ****ing guy.:lol: you dont think i know who you are, and where you stood through out the whole Canelo-GGG debate? Ok man, wutever you say. You have your opinion, i just dont agree with a word of it.

15. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Yeah, “wutever” you say too, fanboy.