GGG vs Pavlik

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Contro, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Prime vs Prime Would've been a FOTY candidate IMO
    Pavlik wasn't THAT good but he was massive and had problems with boxers NOT guys with GGG style.
    Pavlik was durable too and taller I believe GGG would've had to eat some big shots to get in his own! Who would've won and how?
    I've got GGG TKO 11 in a tremendous fight

KiwiMan, pincai and Jacques81 like this.
  2. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I've mentioned this before prime for prime would have been a shootout with GGG winning because of his pedigree.

3. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Love the way you say ggg isn't a boxer...ha ha.

He beats pavlik no problem!

4. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I'd favour GGG to triumph in what would have been a hard fought, brutal encounter.

5. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    He's not a pure technical boxer no. Think sweet pea Whitaker or b-hop

inner2deepz likes this.
  6. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Pavlik would be smashed up similar to Lemiuex IMO. Maybe last a few rounds longer, but it'd only ever go one way.

DirtyOldTown and Staminakills like this.
  7. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    GGG has never faced any of the guys Pavlik has. I can't say he could due to lack of any reputable names on his resume in comparison to Pavlik. It took Bernard Hopkins bringing Pavlik up a class to diminish his power.
    Can we see GGG fight a Light-heavyweight at a catch and then we will see.

layco1996 likes this.
  8. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    ^^ this is what happens when you only look at names....

Staminakills likes this.
  9. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood #TheMedicalTeam #750 banned Full Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Golovkin beats the living **** out of Kelly.

Staminakills likes this.
  10. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    You claim kp had "problems" with boxers then try claiming ggg is smg other than a boxer???
    Ggg is an ELITE boxer with ELITE power, kp couldn't EVER see past round 4,never ever, biggest mismatch that could :) e a hypothetical. Ones ELITE all around , the other is not ELITE in anything, power was above average but the world's apart I talent is ridiculous, and kp had nowhere near the chin needed to try competing

Flamazide likes this.
  11. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Kp couldn't take half the punishment lemme absorbed and would be much worse if a sitting duck

12. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Utter moron.

Lemieux can't throw a straight punch to save his life. He has no right hand , he doesn't even have a jab.

Two of Pavlik's best shots were a jab and an exceptional rangy and powerful right cross. They are the punches to give Golovkin trouble and Pavlik had the height and foot work to land them on the defenceless GGG.
    Lemiuex is a propped up club fighter with no skills and zero boxing brain.
    Pavlik would be the best guy by far on GGGs resume which is so far made out of wet bog paper.

Taylor came to GGG's MW division 7 years after Pavlik knocked him out of it and picked up the IBF belt in his first fight back.. While being shot to bits and suffering chronic mental problems no less.
    There is nobody on Golovkins resume to suggest he smashes right through Pavlik and to bring up Lemiux shows you can't tell simple differences in two completely different boxers.
    And to top it off Lemiuex was stopped by Rubio. Pavlik coming off a loss dominated and stopped a younger fresher Rubio.

13. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Thank God, a voice of reason. By the logic of some of these guys GGG don't need Canelo then. He is the king of the crushed cans hill with zero name recognition. He is a shoe in for BHOF 2080, behind Broner and Charles Martin.

layco1996 likes this.
  14. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Ya'll must have forgot.

Pavlik was a BIG MW, standing at 6'3" with an arm length of 75".
    What is Golovkin, 5'10"?
    Pavlik had something like a 85% KO Ratio. He could punch and he understood how to set up punches by using the jab. A jab that Golovkin would have much trouble getting thru. Golovkin is not slick like Hopkins or as fast as Taylor.
    Golovkin just comes forward and that plays right into Kelly's strong points.
    If Brook could stagger Golovkin, then Pavlik would put him to sleep.

This fight would look much like the fight everyone wanted to see, Golovkin Vs Froch, but Pavlik was better than Froch.
    I see an early stoppage for Kelly, around round 5.
    Pavlik KO 5

MidniteProwler likes this.
  15. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Pavlik would stop GGG around the 10th, he would repeatedly land rights on GGG all night, I could see GGG getting stopped on his feet, noway he stands up to Pavliks power considering he was rocked by Brook.