GGG's Jab is the Greatest of All Time...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Zimornsky, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Zimornsky

Zimornsky King Fluid IV = CHEAT banned

Dec 6, 2014
    Thudding, heavy ass power behind it. Used defensively to measure and keep distance (Triple G's got long ass arms, too). Deceptive speed. Most importantly, his jab sets up his lethal, game changing body shots. It was sickening just hearing the jab hit Lemieux's gloves.

2. splatter69

splatter69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Oh please don't do this I ask you as a big GGG fan. Bold statements like this just fuel trolls and hatred.

Does he have an extremely powerful and effective jab that he places on target with intelligence ...yes.
    If he does what he did yesterday to some more proven fighters then your statement holds water.

3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    He has a great jab, but it's against who you fight how good it looks.
    We allready know that N'Dam landed a sh#tload of jabs on him (and Quillin) too in the rounds he wasn't on the canvas.

For instance shot to sh#t Ray Austin looked like Larry fickin' Holmes fighting Stiverne until the latter finally caught up witth him. It's about levels.

4. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
  5. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I'm starting to think main reason behind these threads is to gain more haters to GGG and Pacman.

6. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    ffs. It's not even the best middleweight jab of all time.

But it's very very good. If he remains consistent with it and if he can out-jab some worldclass jabbers and or movers in his time at the top we'll talk again.

7. DonnieB

DonnieB Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Next you will say GGG invented the jab.

8. Chango

Chango Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
    You just started watching boxing, yeah?

9. Nay_Sayer

Nay_Sayer On Rick James Status banned Full Member

May 25, 2009
    I've got $20 that says the OP has never seen prime DLH, prime Ike Quartey, prime Sweet Pea Whitaker, prime Ali, Prime Larry Holmes, etc...

10. Zimornsky

Zimornsky King Fluid IV = CHEAT banned

Dec 6, 2014
    Name a fighter whose jab carries all the attributes I named in spades. That thing is a monster. He can win fights with it alone, but that goes against him wanting to put on a big drama show.

11. Nay_Sayer

Nay_Sayer On Rick James Status banned Full Member

May 25, 2009
    Easy.

Ike Quartey and Sonny Liston - both had jabs that put Bumlovkin's to SHAME. So did Larry Holmes. Holmes could hurt you with his jab...

12. M.3

M.3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2014
    So far is been said he has the best chin and power of all time, the best movement and punch placement ever, better defence than Floyd Mayweather, and now the best jab if all time.. That's just since last night.. You'd think a guy that great would skip the sop****re team and go straight to varsity since he's the GOAT and all...

13. DrMo

DrMo Team GB Full Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Someone needs to go & watch Ike Quartey

14. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I can name 5 better ones:

Hearns
    De La Hoya
    Holmes
    Wlad
    Winky Wright

15. dan4579

dan4579 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I have it on good authority that GGG needs a custom made foul guard due to the massive size of his man bits and he also has seminal discharge like that of a horse 😎