Ghouliermo Rigoblindeaux: The Grimacing Grumpy Gargoyle Faced Munchkin Gunslinger Of Vice City.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jun 27, 2019.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Guillermo Rigondeaux Ortiz born 09/30/1980 is a 5'5 Super Bantamweight with a 19-1 13 KO's 1 KO loss record. Born in Santiago de Cuba, Cuba and fighting out of Miami, Florida, USA. While never once denying to stunning levels of talent this hideous crusty sad turtle faced old Jackal possesses, watching him actually fight was about as titillating a prospect as having a root canal without Novocaine. Part of that is down to him being so damn heavy handed his opponents were never willing to push the pace out of genuine fear at the severity of the counter that awaited them, the other half being that Rigo throughout his career has been about as risk averse as a timid as a bashful rabbit. Although one couldn't blame him, after all, a gust of wind from a passing dandelion pollen was more than enough to deposit him on his bony ancient keister. But I have a different theory, Rigo's chin wasn't as bad as advertised, its just that he's such a defensive master, who so rarely felt the impact of a connecting punch, he never properly acclimated himself to the feeling of being hit flush, and also never expected to be hit clean, and therefore never braced for impact. That is a recipe for a flash knockdown if I've ever heard one.

In retrospect, the best thing Rigo has possibly ever done, was move up in weight and lose by stoppage to Jedi Master Loma Wan Kenobi. Because he went in with so little confidence he was probably flat out expecting to lose, so when his fears then started to become a reality, he resigned himself to his fate and simply gave up without a fight. What he wasn't expecting is that he could take the punches, because he took a ton of flush shots from the biggest puncher he'd faced aside from Donaire, who had a weight advantage, and he was never is deep trouble. But what it hurt most, was his pride, the fact that he was called a quitter, a coward, that for all intents and purposes, allowed Loma to emasculate him. Loma literally took his manhood from him in front of the world, what a truly humiliating moment that was for him. Something that could crush someone so badly emotionally and mentally, many would never recover. So after much deep contemplation and time spent wandering in wilderness, instead of giving in, Rigo like Kane from Kung Fu dug so deeply in his psyche, he found true enlightenment. No longer was this sport just a job to him, he realized he didn't want to be what his critics accused him of being, he didn't want to go out like a cowardly punk, so afraid of getting his chin shattered he was never willing to take a risk. Rigo finally found his corazon! His passion!! His fighting spirit!!! Now committed to proving himself and to earning back the respect of the masses and back the pride that he lost when giving up in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. And GODDAMN what an absolutely beastly fighter it has awoken.

Long gone is the days of the dullard counter puncher that doesn't give two hoots about putting the audience to sleep. He now craves their cheers, their adoration... the absolution of being baptized in the blood and guts of absolute wars. In the twilight of his career, partially necessitated by his legs not being quite what they used to be, Rigondeaux has now become an honorary Mexican Warrior. Willing to go toe to toe with young whippersnappers that are half his age and leave a legacy, no matter how brief this final run may be, he's chosen to go out on his his shield, he's chosen to fight. His match with Ceja was a revelation, easily the most fun match Rigo has ever been in by a country mile. He stood and traded bombs with one of the bigger punchers the Super Bantamweight division has to offer, bracing for impact, taking the young guns best shots, and when stunned, Rigo didn't hold or run, he stood his ground and fired back twice as hard, never choosing to get on his bike, but to let his hands go spitefully and bombed away seeking the cathartic release of scoring a thrilling KO victory. It was thrilling to behold.

So... how long will he last fighting this way, probably not long, but if he keeps this up, he may go from one of the most boring to most exciting fighters to watch almost overnight. And fingers crossed, maybe he can snag a belt or two and finish his career in a war against The Monster Of Yokohama or possibly rematch his former victim in Donaire, on his terms in a tactical war.

Guillermo The Gunslinger. Welcome to the thunderdome. Get out there and Go out guns blazing, bombs away, let these young punks have it. War El Chacal.:ggg:ggg:ggg:ggg

Educate Yourselves
    Rigondeaux vs. Ceja
    This content is protected

Rigondeaux vs. Delgado

Rigondeaux vs. Amagasa

2. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    For the record, I now use these silly names as a term of endearment. Old habits die hard.:sisi1

God I'd love to see Rigo use this as his entrance music.:lol:

3. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    So... fighting this new all action dogfight style, how far can Rigo go at 122?

Dance84 likes this.
  4. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017

As long as it takes this dweeby looking high schooler on the left to get to 122.

:deal:

Dance84 and CST80 like this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    After this introduction I never expected your post to end on a positive note :lol:

Something else though, Rigo seems far from a defensive master when he fights on the frontfoot.

Power_tek and CST80 like this.
  6. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I think his advanced age will limit whatever success he has as a new aggressive warrior. This is like 5 years too late.

CST80 and Pimp C like this.
  7. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    ESPN listing him at 5'4 was a stretch.

8. The Ogdoad

Feb 27, 2017
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

CST80 likes this.
  9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    You honestly thing Rigo is below 5'4.
    He is either 5´5 or just short of it.

People are really, really bad at guessing heights.

Robney and CST80 like this.
  10. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    And to honour this silliness, the silliest yet.... :lol:

11. The Ogdoad

Feb 27, 2017
    Nobody can look at his face offs with Donaire, or Agbeko and say he's 5'4.

12. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Donaire is quite tall for 118.

How short do you think he is? :lol: Hes not a damn dwarf.
    I am telling you, people are really, really bad at judging height. I am 5'6 and most would say otherwise. I have seen people guess each others height and they all got it wrong.

13. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    What the **** was that last Rigo fight? wow. Most exciting of his career but where's his legs gone? Ref was shocking by the way.-

CST80 likes this.
  14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Hey, two decent performances isn't quite enough to erase all of the built up animosity I have towards him for wasting so much of my time.... But it was a start.:D

Robney likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Outstanding title. :clapclap:

CST80 likes this.