Giovanni Santillán vs. Alejandro Barboza

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 22, 2018.

Gallo de Oro or Bad Boy?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2018.
  1. Santillán on points

50.0%
  2. Santillán by stoppage

50.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Barboza on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Barboza by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    As of the conclusion of Pavel Malikov vs. Daud Cino Yordan a couple of hours ago, this match on Friday night will conclude a global drought of five days and six hours with no live televised notable boxing anywhere for the bulk of the week. There's nothing in the Western hemisphere tonight, and zilch worldwide Monday & Tuesday, with some regional grade rabble on Wednesday and unfortunately no live TV outlet for the somewhat compelling Takeshi Inoue vs. Yuki Nonaka domestic clash in Japan on Thursday. Earlier on Friday afternoon there will be a French national titles (middle & super bantamweight) doubleheader on SFR-Sport, but nobody you've heard of unless you're French. :nusenuse:

Santillán is ranked #5 by the WBO at welterweight and is making the second defense of the NABO title he captured in destructive fashion with a blitz of previously unbeaten KO artist Sammy Valentín Jr. on Telemundo last July. Barboza is unranked in any major org's top 15, but has been smashing his way through Mexican domestic opposition until surrendering his zero in November against the aforementioned Valentín Jr. in his comeback match (small world).

The good news is this will be streamed on the Facebook page for Thompson Boxing Promotions at 11pm EST. The bad news is that it will unfortunately clash at least in part with the WBC Invitational welterweight tourney (which Giovanni ought to have been a part of IMO), also due to be streamed on FB that night.

2. Somachenko

Somachenko The Matador Team Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Just a heads up, I don’t think the Invitational is an FB stream unless you’ve read something new recently. Last I heard, it was a premium event on the Sports Live app that played the Real Deal Promotions event last night, so it’ll cost like $9.99 for a month’s subscription.

I didn’t realize we were without live boxing for so long this week lol. It’s a huge disappointment that the Inoue vs. Nonaka match isn’t even being streamed in some form. Makes me even saltier I slept through my numerous alarms this morning and missed the RCC promotions event that they still ****ing refuse to leave up for rewatching on YouTube despite my desperate pleas.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Damn so that makes this our lone bit of free internationally viewable live boxing in between Sunday morning and the following Saturday. What a gut-check after being spoiled by such abundance for most of the month. :ohno

4. Somachenko

Somachenko The Matador Team Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    There’s a few others that may be possibly viewed on Friday. I saw a post mentioning the Jkitou vs. Segura bout in France on Thursday being transmitted on Canal+ Sport but I’m not sure if they mean live or delayed in the future.

The Cameron vs. Jenman Commonwealth bout is on Freeview Sports in the UK but I’m not sure they’ve made themselves digitally accessible yet (may only be satellite). The Ceglia vs. Di Silvio EBU Lightweight title bout on Friday afternoon is scheduled to be on SportItalia, and if you’re desperate, the Kalakoda promotions card in Zimbabwe headlined by an Elvis Moyo bout should be streamed live on Facebook. There’s also a possibility the Pro Box del Caribe card in Colombia on Friday afternoon is streamed via the Telecaribe FB page but they’ve been really inconsistent with their live coverage. I think that’s all there is for now lol first time I’ve actually typed a breakdown like this out

IntentionalButt likes this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Good info. :thumbsup:

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This content is protected

(that's a little over 90 minutes from now :thumbsup:)

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So from what I gather, Barboza missed weight and is thus ineligible to capture the belt if victorious but Santillán's camp did not want to scupper the whole event over it and deemed the 1½lb day-before advantage too insignificant to be insurmountable.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "Barboza down & counted out from body shot rd 2."