Give Canelo his due

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pimp C, May 8, 2021.

1. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    & if he were Eastern European most of his detractors on this site would be saying how he would KO Hagler , smash any of the Fab Four & is an ATG ...etc.

also RJJ had a similar resume to Canelo actually “weaker” yet you list him as an example as a name fighter who should be on Canelo’s resume.

why?
    Because, he is considered an ATG that’s why.

Not necessarily for the names on his resume but because of how he dispatched them with ease.

just like RJJ before him he is cleaning out his division.

“I just make them look like NOBODY!” -RJJ (y’all must have forgot)
    This content is protected

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    oldcanvasback and HellSpawn86 like this.
  2. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    All garbage coming straight out of your pathetic ass. Be glad you have Canelo on top today bringing us exciting REAL fights like this.. Otherwise, you'll be tuning in to see Golovkin fighting Welterweights and hopeless bums.

drenlou, Pimp C and Hanz Cholo like this.
  3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Who is protecting him and what is your evidence of corruption?

4. Boomstick

Boomstick Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Pretty much. Saunders is good. And his style is the style to beat Canelo, and he was doing ok in winning several rounds. But Canelo did exactly what he said he was going to do, which was get a measure of BJS, and then finish him.

5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Sure it does but like it has every A-side fighter. With that said there was nothing controversial about this fight, he gave BJS that work.

oldcanvasback and HellSpawn86 like this.
  6. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    I disagree
    The nail don't like his durability against Canelo
    Ward I think Ward would beat him
    Beterbiev I'd favor Canelo over him he's too slow for Canelo
    GGG close fight
    Martinez Loses a close fight durability issues
    Pavlik loses a close fight in a war Canelo better all around boxer than Pavlik
    Bivol Very good fight almost a pickem with a slight lean towards Canelo
    Plant durability and stamina issues

sasto and HellSpawn86 like this.
  7. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    Disagree with this to an extent here - whilst the manner in which Roy won was part of it, who he beat also has a lot to do with it, most notable the near SHUTOUT of James Toney. I mean really? That alone elevates RJJ to almost superhuman in my book. But then there is also the THAT body shot against Virgil Hill, Malinga, Reggie Johnson as well. Whilst I see his win against Ruiz as kind of similar in terms of a 'clever title pick' as Canelo on Fielding/Kovalev, it is MUCH more notable and impressive IMO.

hoopsman likes this.
  8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Canelo doesn't need hype he's already got plenty of it, however, he gets plenty of hate to and people don't like to give him credit where it's due and are full of excuses. Which is why I made this thread in the first place.

9. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    true for now,
    But it’s shaping up to be a similar career & Canelo ain’t done yet.
    Let’s see what’s to come.

HellSpawn86 and gollumsluvslave like this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I guess the continuous accurate punches he was hitting on Kessler’s face had nothing to do with the beating he put on that boy. He beat him like he was his Daddy a worse beating than anyone else inflicted on Kessler. Kessler was so upset because he could not get to Ward who kept getting to him. You notice the Viking warrior never wanted a rematch.

Ward beat the living **** out of Kovalev specifically in the rematch and took his soul and Kovalev has never been the same. Ward worked him out realising the bully Krusher could not take it to the body. No doubt due to his abuse of Vodka. The fights Ward had in the Super 6 were in the US because Showtime wanted it like that. Let’s also remember how Andre Dirrell who really beat Carl Froch was cheated in the UK and even worse how Dirrell was treated against against Arthur Abrahams.

Your comments on Elite Protection are BS because the truth as even your post alludes to albeit it does not intend to, is that the only persons requiring protection were Andre Ward’s opponents because he broke them down and took their souls. Certainly they were never the same.

Pimp C and HellSpawn86 like this.
  11. gollumsluvslave

Dec 20, 2020
    You see it your way, I see it another.

"The fights Ward had in the Super 6 were in the US because Showtime wanted it like that." Hmm...

oldcanvasback likes this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Yes because it was a transatlantic tournament.

13. gollumsluvslave

Dec 20, 2020
    Dirrel went to the UK.
    Froch went to Denmark and the US.
    Abraham went to UK and the US.
    Kessler went to US
    Taylor went to Germany
    Allan Green went to Denmark

Ward never went anywhere, the only fighter in the Super 6 to have all his fights in his home country, and that my friend is a stacked deck. Maybe he just had a really great negotiating team, but it always tarnishes his victory in the Super 6 for me. Even if he had fought Abraham in the semi in a neutral country (Froch and Abraham had to fight in Finland in the interests of 'fairness' ffs!!!), but no, every single fight in the US.

Additionally, something really stunk when Dirrel withdrew from the fight with Ward due to an undisclosed injury. Something was deffo rotten in that tourney.

Anyway, all off-topic, so will leave it at that.

14. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Lol the Nail would be favored over any fighter alive 175 and down.

Beterbiev would kill him.

Ward would outbox him for sure.

Old GGG already beat him FFS.

15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    And Canelo doesn't see the 7th round against a prime Kovalev.

FrankinDallas likes this.