Give me your top 15 heavies all time head to head

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by DaveTheWave, Nov 23, 2007.

1. DaveTheWave

DaveTheWave Man Extraordinaire Full Member

Jul 9, 2007
    This is over fifteen rounds, fighters at their peak. Best out of a trilogy, or rate a fighter over one who you believe would win consistently against others below. These are champions, as I think many contenders could be included in the list, but we'll keep it narrowed down. I believe any fighter in the top ten or twelve has a good chance to beat any other from the list once, but consistently head to head, how does your list go?

1- Ali
    2- Foreman
    3- Frazier
    4- Holmes
    5- Liston
    6- Lewis
    7- Holyfield
    8- Tyson
    9- Marciano
    10- Louis
    11- Charles
    12- Walcott
    13- Patterson
    14- Tunney
    15- Dempsey

2. Maxmomer

Maxmomer Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Umm...

Ali
    Lewis
    Liston
    Dempsey
    Tyson
    Foreman
    Louis
    Holmes
    Jeffries
    Tua
    Walcott
    Langford
    Baer
    Marciano
    Frazier
    Johansson

3. Marciano Frazier

Marciano Frazier Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    In a trilogy? Off the top of my head(open to criticism and change), I'll say:

1. Ali
    2. Louis
    3. Marciano
    4. Dempsey
    5. Foreman
    6. Frazier
    7. Holmes
    8. Liston
    9. Johnson
    10. Jeffries
    11. Holyfield
    12. Tyson
    13. Lewis
    14. Walcott
    15. Charles

I gave extra credit here to guys who were especially good in rematches(hence for example, Marciano jumping a spot), since it is a trilogy.

4. DaveTheWave

DaveTheWave Man Extraordinaire Full Member

Jul 9, 2007
    We're talking consistently or comprehensively... Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I guess I asked...

5. Maxmomer

Maxmomer Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Tyson and Dempsey both had inhuman power and speed and both were very skilled, Dempsey would be able to box a bit better due to his advantages in both reach and height plus he had the advantage in "intangibles". If I was pressed I'd place them even head to head, or even place Tyson a bit higher, but Dempsey is a legend and my favorite fighter of all time, call me biased if you want. As for Baer, actually, I don't find it hard to believe that a peak, determined Baer could consistently beat both Frazier and Marciano. Of course, that list was thrown together in about 3 minutes, with more thought there could be some minor changes.