Glass jaw rankings summer 2019 edition.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Jun 18, 2019.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I didn't miss Indongo - I thought about him but he's been inactive and thus ineligible for ranking. Did completely forget about Ali though. He's definitely worthy.

2. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Linares has to be top 5, the guy is one of the most talented boxers out there but his chin is pure china

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Ali is a good catch - that's some serious china he's packing in that mandible. Super fragile.

4. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah. What do you think about swapping Gavin with Ali? Might try to squeeze Linares in there as well.

5. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    Yeah, I think that makes sense. You could replace some lower on the list with these guys. They are stellar candidates, shining examples of mandibular fragility!

6. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Updated for accuracy!

7. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I seriously question Izu Ugonoh's mandibular fortitude. Looks like Szpilka has found his long lost chin brother when both lasted four rounds against their well-fed countrymen.

8. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Szpilka once again shows that he has one of the worst chins at HW. You still going to deny the obvious denier? Szpilka has NO chin.

9. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Szpilka vs. Price needs to happen ASAP to determine the HW china chin king.

10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    He took Chisora's best shot flush on the chin? Did you expect him to just smile? Same punch knocked out Takam.

You have unrealistic expectations for a heavyweight boxing match, I think you watch TOO many comics, and one punch man manga's.

Amir Khan gets tapped, even on the gloves sometimes, and he is wobbled.

Chisora hit Spilzka CLEAN on the button. And he has a punch on him.

11. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    It's widely accepted that Szpilka has a **** chin. So it's not some high standard on my part to suggest otherwise. He could never take a punch. Journeymen were buzzing him badly early in his career, Mollo had him bouncing on the canvas several times, all of his losses are by stoppage usually brutally. It's a shame too because he's a pretty decent boxer by HW standards.

lepinthehood likes this.
  12. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I think Ismail Silakh should be #3, the dude's chin is terrible. The guy's getting knocked out by Fonfara at CW ffs. He goes up and down like a basketball whenever he's in there with anyone with even DECENT power.

Mundine has a terrible chin but he's like 45 years old and he's been in there with Kessler, Rab, Geale (Although he doesn't have that much power) and didn't get knocked out.

Yeah he's getting sparked now but he's old as hell.

Imagine Silahk at 45. Lol

13. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    Seriously. Clearly this guy is an extremely glass jaw denier if he cannot recognize that Szpilka has a glass jaw. How many times does he have to get knocked out cold before this guy admits, oh yeah, he has a glass jaw.

14. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    why tho although the gets dropped unlike Kahn he gets back up

15. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Mundine was getting blasted out by light hitters like Ottke and Garth Wood when he was younger though. His chin has always been pure china. Nobody gets KTFO by Ottke like that without an abysmal chin.