Glory 59: Rico Verhoeven vs. Guto Inocente & Robin van Roosmalen vs. Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao 2 RBR

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Sep 29, 2018.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Verhoeven with a generic unity speech lol.

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    This content is protected

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Rico has literally beaten every single viable HW contender that there is now and CLEARLY. The only thing he can do is wait for Hari/Saddik to pan out. The first Hari fight was anti-climatic, so that one definitely needs a replay.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I expect closure, Rico should flatten him, and maybe make a move to MMA or boxing after.

5. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah he's pretty much cleaned house and there isn't a feeling that new talent is going to start popping up in the division either. If anything his exit would open the division up and make things very interesting. The belt would change left and right.

6. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    rico is a beast . and that thai guy is good 2.

7. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Let the rematch happen, Rico blessed in the first fight with the injury. Badr knocks him out clean.. :)

8. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    There's a chance early sure. But I favor Rico to ride out the storm and either stop Hari or win a clear decision. FYI Hari quit. Verhoeven knee his elbow and he quit. It's a legit victory as anti-climatic as it may be, and it wouldn't be the first fight that Hari's tried to find a way out of in his career.

9. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Well, he injured his arm - elbow dislocated, broken arm or something like that?

I don't really follow kickboxing, but i remember the K-1 GP days - sat up all night watching the replays on Eurosport. Hari, the controversial figure, were my favorite.

10. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah those were the days. Personally I think Hari is a supreme talent who is mentally unhinged/weak with better discipline he could have been a top 10 or 5 guy all time. He's lost many fights he couldn't have as a result of his bizarre unhinged behavior. He blitzed Schilt out in their first fight but completely collapsed in the 2009 GP when Schilt weathered the storm and landed hard blows of his own. That's why Schilt, Hoost, Aerts, Bonjasky and Hug are among the HW greats. They had multiple ways to win and could adjust to ability of their opponents. Hari just had rabid aggression despite all of his technical and physical skill.

anders100 likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Bookmarked to watch Roosmalen vs. Aimsiri II when I get a chance..

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    (I've managed to still not find out the result)

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Alright, going to score for Robin van Roosmalen vs. Pansang Aimsiri II...

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    For the record, here was my take on the first one, viewing with virginal eyes (no foreknowledge of the result, nor really of either fighter), taken from a PM with @UnleashtheFURY:

Thai southpaw in red trunks clearly won the first IMO. Just threw and landed a ton more. Hell, I think he threw more chest knees & leg kicks alone (or, by an even margin, just punches alone) than inked orthodox Dutchman threw strikes, period.

Not sure I'll get to finish the whole thing, I'm overextended borrowing a library computer already...could be kicked off any minute.

Holy ****, what, three of five judges gave the first to Roosmalen, per the graphic they just flashed onscreen at the start of the second? For literally what? :dunno

2nd was closer, I'll say 10-10 for now, Roosmalen got off some nice uppercut flurries but also took some right jabs to his already busted nose and continued getting his legs kicked to ****.

3rd was dominant for Red Trunks Southpaw Thai, and not just because of that epic front-kick to Roosmalen's belly midway in that dropped him. The onscreen graphic is clearly BS, they're giving Roosmalen credit for landing twice as many punches, no way in hell. Clinching point deduction also BS, that had been going on for quite a while and was neither guy's fault really. Didn't see a warning before that. So a 9-9 round for me, I guess? :nusenuse:

That puts me at 29-28 for Petpanomrung

Fourth was competitive, Dutchie landed heavily a few times, overall still preferred the clean work of Petpanomrung. 39-37

I see the judges have Roosmalen up at the start of the fifth, not hard to guess what's coming..

Very effective pressure & infighting by Roosmalen in the fifth, got in some really nice body shots and right hands up top. I give him the round clearly, as Petpanomrung was tired & in retreat.

48-47 Petpanomrung final score.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

van Roosmalen is dropped hard by the first kick thrown by Aimsiri! Damn. Leg kicks by van Roosmalen, playing it cool, acting like nothing just happened. van Roosmalen looks jacked up since last time, been hitting the juice? The southpaw outboxes the hulking Dutchman at mid-range with quick double jabs and left crosses, then plants his lead right foot and sweeps in quick waist-high left kicks - or if van Roosmalen is venturing too close, left knees to his gut. van Roosmalen is closing in, slashing with right hands and looking to shoehorn in his own kicks, but less effective than Aimsiri's combos.

10-8 Aimsiri (kickboxing the same as boxing, automatic 10-8 for a knockdown? I forget. I know in MMA they don't automatically give the extra point...)