Golden Boy Promotions, ESPN Announce Multi-Year TV Deal

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by radupidu, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    A showcase for GBP's primarily Latino roster.

B.F.D!

2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    As long as Oscar doesn't have to buy the tv time and starts paying his fighters millions for mediocre fights at the channel, he will be fine.

3. Jimako

Jimako Active Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2016
    This is good because it will expose more people to boxing on a weekly basis. So now we have two promotional companies pushing fights on free TV... that's great...

rorschach51 likes this.
  4. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I agree with what you are saying... there's seem to be a hell of a lot of average mediocre Mexican fighters,.. There should be quality over quantity not the opposite.

It's amazing how De La Hoya gets away with not signing any Eastern European or British/Irish fighters.. when they are so successful right now in boxing.

5. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Have to say that I found this very funny :)

6. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Competition is good for the fans too.

7. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Recently, since Al Haymon snatched all of GBP's best fighters, I haven't been too interested in any GBP promotional fights.
    Hopefully, GBP will form some alliances with other promoters to enable him to put on some good bouts, but with his stable alone it will be worst than FNFs.

8. trumperZ06

trumperZ06 Active Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2015
    :bandit: Cocaine O$car's most recent actions involving El Pollo Canelo's career have been a DISASTER .

:risas3: Why would anyone expect an improvement ?

9. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    No doubt GBP have had to start almost from the bottom since Schaffer backstabbed Oscar. If you look at GBPs roster, they have some very good prospects, and they focusing on very young fighters. My take is GBP is re-building their company and are signing many of the most promising young prospects. In 2-3 years GBP will have a great quantity of fighters in their prime.

Link to list of GBP fighters

http://goldenboypromotions.com/en/fighters

10. trumperZ06

trumperZ06 Active Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2015
    :risas3:Gotta LUV Isal, the "BOXING EXPERT" in his own mind, and thinking he's knowledgeable and well versed in business, so we are told.

Such a funnel of dis-information.

:BangHead: Hhmmm, the list is STACKED with Latino fighters, mostly below middleweight & mostly UNKNOWN.

OH WAIT... Hopkins is well known... be it he's 52 years old & retired.

Some welterweight is shown as a "Middle Weight WORLD Champion" without a middleweight belt.

:bandit:Maybe there's an ACORN in there somewhere, given that even a BLIND PIG wearing Fishnet stockings will stumble across an acorn now & then, but other promotors are leaving ole Cocaine O$car in the dust.

;) Personally, I don't expect much from GBP or Isal, so I won't be disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017