Golden Contract Hosea Burton VS Ricards Bolotniks

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by MrZazs, Sep 7, 2020.

who wins

1. Burton KO

2. Burton PTS

3. Bolotniks KO

4. Bolotniks PTS

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MrZazs

MrZazs New Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2020
    English is not my first so it may be hard to read.

Hosea Burton 6′ 4″ 25/1/0 looks great on paper someone who is as tall as 6.4 light heavyweights should be dominating, but he hasn't got more success to pass the British title at age 31 this may be his big chance to step up and get a big promotional deal. You may be wondering why is that, but with 25W and only 11KO fighting opponents like Edgars Sniedze 6/30 Arturs Kulikauskis 18/42 Saidou Sall 10/9 to name a few NOT all his opponents are on this level I like to say his best win come against Bob Ajisafe 10UD who was British and Commonwealth champion back in days as of 2015/14. Burton resume is full of a journeyman, Bolotniks is not much better if not for the last few, but you know what they say: only as good as your last fight.

Ricards Bolotniks 16/5/1 come off the best win of his career against Steven Ward by first-round 1 KO. Looking after his boxing resume most people may think that he was just there to fill out the spot, but and up taking out Wards who was a big favorite to win the tournament. Coming down from cruiserweight where he was struggling with competition light heavyweight may be the division for him. As in the last fight against Ward, he didn't face any punishing pressure to stop him from going forwards or maybe it was just one of and he got real lucky with that left hook?

Bookie are favoring Burton to win this one 4/6 I personally think he doesn't have the dynamite to stop Bolotniks and he will get steamrolled just like Ward.

Holler likes this.
  2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    It’s a good fight! I think bolotniks can stop burton late

3. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Burton to win on points but I was really impressed by Bolotniks in his last fight but I reckon Burton will win the tournament.

pow and Scissors like this.
  4. MrZazs

MrZazs New Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2020
    Yes but the fight takes place in Riga Latvia so I don't know how much on points it will be xD

Terry94 likes this.
  5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    It’ll be serge michel vs the winner of this one, I can’t see Conroy getting the upset

6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    This still is MTK tournament, not likely Bolotniks will hope on cards.
    Burton does have weak resume.

7. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    If Burton will walk till end of fight most likely judges will score fight in his behalf, just it's MTK tournament. Not likely he will walk till end of fight.

8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    How on earth will there still be a golden contract?

9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
  10. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Nicely balanced fight this one I think Burton will surprise a few people here the Buglioni defeat damaged his reputation. Burton points for me but as always leaving it to the cards is a risk with an MTK show.

11. frankos1885

frankos1885 New Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    Sticking with and will be backing Bolotniks KO.

12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    I think more cos he was not able to finish 2 journeymans ranked approx #400 in boxrec + these journeymans were with bad their last 6-10 fights records. Well known in europe gentlemans cos short notice journeymans.
    Now Burton might nicely talk about lesson and hope on judges cards.
    Because most likely he does not have enough brains even to evalue his own and Bolotniks resume and compare these resumes by using realistic criteria.
    His resume is worse than Bolotniks resume with alone one fact: how many fighters from top 100 he had defeated and also if had lost, had fought decently.
    It is easy game to imagine association for Bolotniks with these short notice gentlamans he was not able to finish just cos their ......passport and flag. BTW most likely these gentlemans did had british, lithuanian etc countries licences too.
    1. Bolotniks fight with Nieslen in Sauerland event ( Nielsen was Saurerland team boxer ) was pretty competitive and Micki then had been ranked approx 21 th in the world. Cards are cards, but Nielsen is considerably more tough than anyone in this tournament, highly skilled and strong lad with good fight record.
    2. Bolotniks does come from KB circle like Huck, Briedis, Povetkin and his initial striking base is Muay Thai. Like for Drozd.
    3. Bolotniks resume looks even better if looking on numbers of hard hiting lads he had defeated.
    Burton is not someone like Frampton, true world level ultimate prospect.

13. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Frampton, yeah, is real prospect for example. In his new weight class.

14. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014

I think Burton is a better boxer than he has shown so far. Records are just bits of paper you have to beat who is put in front of you and what really counts is the performance on the day. We will see.

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    If looking from amateur boxing cirteria, definitely Burton is better.
    Big problem for Burton will be walk 1 single round.

Most difficult task for Burton will be walk 10 rounds till he might get decision.
    -
    Difference is, that if he will be defeated, it will impact his career not that seriously. He is not cab driver or something like this as you better prefered to evalue him.
    Burton career will be ruined if Bolotniks will beat him. Bolotniks does know that he will not won fight on cards and he will do all the best to beat all out of Burton.
    Burton boxing skills might not to help him, Ekimov had 18-0-0 record and 50% stoppages ( better than Burton) before he had Bolotniks in the ring.
    Excuses about hometown judgement are just casual forum noise. For fight Bolotniks vs Ekimov EBP did not used ref from baltic countries, also 2 judges from 3 were not from baltic countries. Ekimov lost this fight with UD on all cards. 12 rounds. Ekimov is not cab driver, he still after defeat is in top100. Yes, for ammy criteria, short fights, Ekimov is better boxer than Bolotniks. It did not helped.