Goldenboy/ Mayweather/ Montoya drug testing stuff: Updated - Big News?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by shaunster101, May 29, 2012.

1. shaunster101

shaunster101 Yido Full Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I think his story was that Donaire has agreed to all year round random drugs testing . . . With VADA.

Well, I can't help but feel that Montoya wants to make a name for himself as a journo, and Conte realises that and is using him as a mouthpiece for VADA testing.

2. shaunster101

shaunster101 Yido Full Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Don't get me wrong, that's big. The first boxer to submit to such rigorous testing, but again it's a story about VADA broke by Montoya.

3. gasman

gasman Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009
    It is becoming a bit self-indulgent now. To be honest he tripped himself up in a radio interview recently when he was trying to defend his integrity, he inadvertently scored an own goal. Still, glad that he has put a spotlight on the PED issue.

4. somebody

somebody Active Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2011

He needs to deliver after his hype delivered nothing the other week. You are right, he is starting to look like a VADA puppet and at the same time he's alienating himself from the rest of the boxing industry.

5. HOF

HOF Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Montoya is one of the decent generation of younger internet scribes who have a handle on boxing matters worldwide unlike his colleague at maxboxing Steve Kim and arseholes at the Ring like Doug Fisscher and Mike Rosenthal. Let's face it you cannot argue with his case when Khan's fight was called off bacause VADA found Peterson to be a scumbag by using more enhanced testing methods. Strange that Golden Boy have now sought to ditch these more effective methods for their fighters' future bouts.

6. GJM

GJM Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Even if Montoya does have an agenda, he's still shining a light on an area that needs looking at in boxing and forcing the elite fighters and promoters to prove they're making an effort to show they're clean.