Golovkin is 40-0 and YOU better remember it.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FastSmith7, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

I respect your opinion, but honestly, the more damaging shots were landed by Canelo

bandeedo, shadow111 and GK BOX like this.
  2. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Canelo throws wide
    Ggg throws straight and short

3. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Except when GGG rocked him three times in the fight.

gdm likes this.
  4. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Every morning since the scorecards were read out I wake up and initially I feel good, that is until I remember how GGG got robbed again and now has a loss on his record. Then I try my hardest not to go and score some crack to make myself feel better. Admittedly I'm not taking his first loss very well, although I might have got over it already if Canelo had actually won the fight fair and quare but like many others I had him losing (by 2 rounds on my own scorecard.) I hope triple G won't retire now, I need him to record one more win to appease my butthurt (and this is no exaggeration, my butt literally is quite sore from all the clonazepam I've been plugging up there since Saturday.)

james5000 likes this.
  5. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    thank you. a man who is honest enough about his feelings to admit what everyone else can see so clearly in others who are in his identical situation.

Wasteman and james5000 like this.
  6. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I am happy for you bro, you are on your way to recovery

Many a GGG fan will be stuck in this rut for the rest of their existence

Admitting you have problem can be very hard I am told, kudos to you!!!

Wasteman likes this.
  7. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    There's no point in hiding it. I'm not so biased that I can't admit it was an extremely close fight, nor am I suprised that so many scored it for Canelo. Admittedly it hurts because I do believe GGG edged it by a whisker but in all fairness he knew he was fighting in Vegas but didn't seem to be fighting with any sense of urgency. I'll learn to accept the result in time and I'm not going to hate on Canelo because he put on a great show.

bandeedo likes this.
  8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    good man. nothing a true boxing fan has not experienced before. ive been around boxing long enough to have suffered your pain dozens of times. doesnt change the truth about what happened and everything that happens now will show you why it happened that way.

Wasteman likes this.
  9. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
  10. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    You and many other cholos on esb did

11. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Lol

12. DeepBalboa

DeepBalboa New Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Agreed 40-0

Daylight robbery and he is 40-0 until dominated.

13. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    And in that same world you probably see yourself as stud who constantly bangs models.

14. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Clenelo is like andre bored , he would never fight anyone outside of his backyard .

15. DeepBalboa

DeepBalboa New Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    40-0. I think people have a massive double standard against GGG. We expect GGG to win by a thunderous knockout or utter domination from start to finish. But when he shows his technical side and boxes wisely and edges on points, suddenly many start proclaiming that he lost, simply because we had expected him to win convincingly. It’s almost like he can’t win on points because of our expectations of him - especially against a fighter like Canelo who brings in money. There’s very few fighters who had to deal with this sort of double standard. Lastly, I would like to say that I am utterly heartbroken for GGG. From getting clearly robbed in the first fight to Canelo testing positive for PEDs to him walking to the ring first even as the champion, the man had been treated unfairly even before the fight had even begun. Yet, he fought a hard fought fight and climbed himself to victory only to get robbed of his well deserved victory once again at the pinnacle of his career. My heart goes out to GGG. It really does. Nevertheless, I still think he is the true champion. 40-0.