Golovkin vs Alvarez 2, who has really won?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Alexxxx, Mar 26, 2020.

Who has won

1. Canelo

22 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. GGG

67 vote(s)
    65.7%
  3. Draw

13 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    8-4 GGG both times.

iii, CST80 and IntentionalButt like this.
  2. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I just checked Eye On The Ring. 93 fans submitted their score cards. 67% disagreed with the official result. The average of all the scores had it 7 rounds to 5 115-113 for Golovkin. I checked Boxrec where they started allowing people to submit their scores the other day too. Over there, they have 12 fan scores which averaged out to 114-113 for Golovkin.

https://www.eyeonthering.com/boxing/gennady-golovkin-vs-saul-alvarez-ii
    https://boxrec.com/en/scoring/2257534

IntentionalButt and CST80 like this.
  3. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    People only like to glorify pros scores when it fits their agenda. You won’t see the people who keep bringing them up for the rematch talk about them for the first fight where %95 of the boxers had GGG winning and the remaining %5 were mostly GBP associates or Mexicans.

Though in reality, there’s nothing to suggest that a pro boxer is the most reliable unofficial scorer. We’ve seen Carl Froch work as one(for Sky I think) and he was way worse than Harold Lederman or even Elie Seckbach.

OvidsExile likes this.
  4. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Yup.

On a sidenote, nothing about any of that, especially when factoring the fans averages, and how pros scored it, and how reasonable analysts like rummie have it, suggests to me a robbery took place.

But... thats just imo.

I look forward to rewatching it though

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I can understand glorifying a pros perspective to a certain extent... especially a coaches, I just think it gets overblown especially in comparison to hardcore nerd analysts.

6. Alexxxx

Alexxxx New Member Full Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I’m sorry but I cant agree with it. The main point of scoring system is clean punching, how can you decide who has won without knowing who has connected more clean punches?

That is why I use action points instead of number of punches. For a jab I give one action point, hard punch could be awarded with two or even more if I see that opponent was badly hurt. In the end of the round I have summery of total amount of clean punches and their hardness, so who has more action points wins.

7. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004

LOL!
    So you can watch a live round and be able to count the total amount of clean punches both fighters land?
    …...and not only count the punches, but be able to jot down which punches count for 1, 2, or more points?
    You can add all those points up during the 1 minute in-between rest period and be ready to do it again the next round? LOL!!

Do you actually think that's how official judges score rounds??? LOL!!!

8. Alexxxx

Oct 4, 2019
    Yes. I use boxing scoring app on my smartphone to do it. I have 2 big buttons for each boxer. When i see that one connected clean punch i push the buttom 1 or 2 times for that boxer and app counts an action points for me. Actually this app compare points and score the round and fight automatically.

No. But i think that they should do so. It is more fair as scoring based simply on feeling.

OvidsExile likes this.
  9. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    That would be tantamount to letting CompuBox score the fights, friend.

10. Alexxxx

Oct 4, 2019
    Why not. Only they should not only counting punches but also evaluate them.

OvidsExile likes this.
  11. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Ha ha ha...
    Oh ETA persuasive burden please lol

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  12. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    People here find you ridiculous ...as is apparent,,,oh ry the way, I'll have to borrow your crystal ball when it's free....

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I watched that fight at a house party in Guadalajara with a group of about 25-30 of my amigos (who FTR were all Mexican) and every single one of them to a man had GGG winning and they were absolutely livid with the judges and the fact that Clenelo had been the recipient of another gift from them. My boy Alejandro was so incensed by the decision he forcefully threw his can of beer at the TV and he subsequently ended up having a fist fight with Gabriel's cousin Ricardo whose house it was because the beer can cracked the screen.

OvidsExile likes this.
  14. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I personally had it 8-4 Canelo and didn’t see anything but a domination but then again GGG has the most deluded fan base and Canelo has the most ridiculous haters so what can you expect.

GGG got his a$$ beat and y’all need to let that hurt go

pacas and IsaL like this.
  15. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I love coming here to get a good laugh at all the GGG fanatics playing pretend. LOL

What a sorry bunch hahahahah...