***Golovkin was very talented, why did he take the way route?***

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IsaL, May 10, 2021.

1. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    He waited to long and he wasted most of his prime he was what 30 when he finally came to the Us

m.s. likes this.
  2. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Bad promoters, lack of reliable fan base.

iii likes this.
  3. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I’m a little drunk so bare with me but Jacobs Lemuix Murray are better based on what exactly? Your opinion which means little to none no disrespect, there is literally nothing separating the fighters I named and the fighters you named outside of personal opinion and the fact that the fighters you name are some of the best wins on GGGs resume and the ones I named are simply throw away fights.

2nd both Canelo and Cotto offered GGg a fight and he refused Cotto said he’d take the mandatory if GGG was willing to accept a catchweight and Canelo said he’d drop the belt and face GGG at JMW which was the division he was campaigning at and he refused both. Canelo out his own mouth said he was interested in Cotto not the title defender or in a showcase fight and instantly dropped the belt.
    But my question is this why didn’t ggg say yes, you can make all the excuse you want but the FACT is the current p4p #1 had taken less money has moved down in weight has moved up in weight to make a big fight when has GGG done that EVER?

IsaL likes this.
  4. Jpreisser

Jpreisser Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I don't think he knew, to be honest. He was signed by Universum which was a big promotional outfit, so naturally he thought that he would get one of two other big middleweights under the same promotional banner, either Sylvester or Sturm. The WBA even elevated him into a contention spot quickly so that he would have a chance at Sturm. He was essentially shutout when Sturm got the television contract. He broke his contract and had to wait two years before he could fight in the U.S. or Europe.

This is why I complain constantly about boxing, however. We shouldn't be having this many conversations about what could have been. Not just with Golovkin, but with tons of fighters. The sport fails us because we don't consistently have the best fighting the best.

The G-Man likes this.
  5. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    dude I would have loved to see GGG fight Lara as well but he ducked out... look your the typical Golovkin fan fighting fights on paper instead of in the ring as far as I know he was supposed to blow out Jacobs Canelo Dervanchenko and arguably lost to all 3 it is what it is keep making excuses man that’s what you do

IsaL likes this.
  6. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Boring as **** thread

iii likes this.
  7. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I really don't understand why Golovkin fans are so invested in him that you guys are willing to sound like complete morons.

I'll be nice and educate you respectfully.

Nov. 2015- Canelo beats Cotto at 155. Wins WBC MW title.
    2012, 2014, 2015, 2017- Golovkin claims he'll fight anyone between 154-168
    May 2016- Canelo KTFO Khan
    May 2016- Canelo Vacates MW title
    May 2016- Canelo challenges Golovkin to a Non-title fight at 155, Typical of GGG refuses.
    Sept 2017- Canelo fights at the full MW limit for the first time against Golovkin

How many years is it between May 2016, and Sept 2017??

Why didn't Golovkin fight Trout, Lara, Andrade, Ward, Gilberto Ramirez, Badou Jack, Jermall Charlo, or rematch Jacobs and Derevyanchenko?

Did he not lie to his fans and tell them he was being avoided? Yet Canelo fought him a year after he beat Cotto, and all those fighters were more than willing to fight him.

Why did Golovkin choose the easy route? Did he think his fans were gullible? Probably. He wasted his career.

He fought Jacobs because he thought he had a glass chin.

He fought Derevyanchenko because he looked like **** against Culcay and had lost to Jacobs.

Who else has he fought??

Canelo ****ed him up in the rematch. Yes, it was a close fight on points, but Canelo battered him and sent him on his longest Vacation.

I used to be a Golovkin fan, but he lost me, the final nail in the coffin was when he cowardly ducked Ward.

8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Ducked by Sturm only.

9. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    HBO gave him everything, and GGG was only interested in fooling his fans and avoiding the toughest challenges unless they came with mega pay days.

10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    A-****ing-men

11. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Golovkin demanded a 164 cw against Ward. So you're wrong.

Golovkin demanded 10 mil, 5 times his biggest pay day otherwise no fight with Canelo.

Golovkin ducked Derevyanchenko until he saw Derevyanchenko lose to Jacobs and look like **** against Culcay.

Golovkin avoided may tough fights because he was SCARED of losing his 0.

12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Golovkin said multiple times he would fight anyone between 154-168. When opportunity came knocking, Golovkin lost his hearing aid.

13. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Checkmate

14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Must be nice living in Pretend land.

15. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Hahaha.... hook line and sinker.

Everyone loved to watch him that he sold 97K PPVs lol

HBO told us he was the white Mike Tyson. He was not, he was a talented Asian/Euro who was milked and sold to the gullible.