Golovkin will out and out batter Jacobs

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by DougTheThug, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DougTheThug

DougTheThug Member Full Member

Jan 19, 2017
    This is a massive mismatch, although most GGG fights are a mismatch because he's the greatest middleweight alive. He's got most fighters on the run especially cuck Canelo who even dropped his belt to get away from him (the little pussi). I don't see any good fights on Jacobs' resumé except maybe Quillin - where Jacobs was swinging his arms like a ******ed guy in a mosh pit.

All hail GGG last emperor of the middleweight division.

2. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Is it possible to have a tiny mismatch?

drenlou, pincai, KiwiMan and 3 others like this.
  3. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    GGG will win . but I don't think its going to be as easy as people think. Jacobs can punch will take GGG atleast 8-9rounds to get him out of there.

Staminakills likes this.
  4. DougTheThug

Jan 19, 2017
    Nah

IsaL likes this.
  5. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    You sound a bit disappointed maybe GGG should just retire now because there is no point in fighting on when the outcome is inevitable. I like GGG man but some of you guys are just utterly obsessed with the man when he has yet to build the kind of resume that justifies the lofty status. His best win was vs a career WW who made a good showing but was ultimately outgunned by a very strong MW. I keep wanting to support and highlight GGG's accolades but the fanboys are driving me nuts.

I expect GGG will break Danny down somewhere early/mid fight and stop him. This would be a signature win, its unfortunate GGG does not have a natural adversary in the MW division....its not his fault the talent level is extremely limited....Billy Joe is good but not special in my honest opinion. Practically every other division has at least 2 special fighters MW I believe lacks that at the moment. (No Canelo isnt a MW)

6. DougTheThug

Jan 19, 2017
    No theres a load of good middleweights its just that GGG towers over them all in greatness so he makes everyone else look worse than they are. It's like being a good looking girl next to a stunning looking girl... the good looking girl instantly looks average looking because you are subconsciously comparing her to the stunner.

IsaL and Staminakills like this.
  7. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    The term you're looking for is "relative".

kirk likes this.
  8. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Gonna be an interesting fight. Jacobs is a big step up in competition for GGG, much better and more dangerous than the likes of Murray and Lemieux, and much bigger than Brook. Not sure how he'll hold up if he gets hit by Jacobs like he did against Brook.

Braindamage likes this.
  9. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Jacobs is a roided 175 lbs middleweight.
    He deserves to lose.

10. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I think GGG can take Jacobs' punches, but Jacobs can't take GGG's.

When GGG hits Jacobs, he's going down.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  11. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    I never heard of a thug named "Doug". The name just doesn't seem to fit.

DougTheThug and BlizzyBlizz like this.
  12. Caper

Apr 4, 2005
    I get the analogy sir I just don't find it accurate, the middle weight division doesn't possess the kind of talent to give GGG a true barometer of his greatness. Nearly every other truly great middle weight did, I think at this stage GGG needs to find someone north of his weight to do so or if he cleans out (BJS, Jacobs and possibly the new kid on the MW block Charlo) again given the current circumstances its up to him how he proceeds and if he's looking for $$$ or greatness.

13. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Jacobs has a glass jaw. It's going to get SHATTERED!

getup likes this.
  14. Caper

Apr 4, 2005
    It likely will be though how would you react if it goes the full 12.....will denial kick in or would you man up and admit it isnt as bad as you thought or....GGG has phantom power. Don't you love these sort of quagmires.

15. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Jacobs is so juiced for this fight how could he not give GGG issues. Despite what the know it alls claim AAS increase one's ability to endure physical stress/punishment and will certainly help his chin.

Look what they did for Aleem's chin vs Khytrov. The guy was out on his feet for long stages of that fight and still did not go down then recovered right after.

Cousin Andy and Zola29 like this.