LOL [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No less than Golden Boy Promotions vice president for matchmaking Eric Gomez believes Manny Pacquiao presents a tough challenge for Oscar De La Hoya. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with the daily Philippine radio show Sports Chat, Gomez said theyve been telling De La Hoya that Pacquiao has the tools to hurt the six-time world champion.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Were talking to him and telling him its a dangerous fight. Manny can really hurt you and why do you want to do that. In fact, I myself, personal, as a matchmaker, I feel that a Miguel Cotto fight is easier. I feel Miguel Cottos style suits Oscar better, Gomez told this writer who hosts the show aired over DZSR Sports Radio. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cotto, the undefeated welterweight fighter from Puerto Rico will defend his welterweight crown against Mexican Antonio Margarito this weekend in Las Vegas. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manny jumps around like a buzzsaw. He comes in, jumps around with different angles, I just dont know if Oscar can have a guy coming like that at a 100 miles per hour, said Gomez Miguel Cottos coming in from the front door. You can wait from there and catch him. But Manny Pacquiaos the type of fighter that comes in from the front door, side door, back door, and thats what makes him so great. The guy is so unpredictable, very strong.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The buzz about a De La Hoya-Pacquiao bout started when Freddie Roach revealed through the same radio show last week his eagerness in seeing his prized fighter battle De La Hoya straight on this December. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The following day, it was hall-of-fame promoter Bob Arums turn to grace the show and confirmed there are talks ongoing about making the fight. What a ****ing joke[/FONT]
LOL!! Well, this is seriously a ridiculous comment by Gomez. But lets look at the bright side folks, Gomez is the matchmaker for GBP and is best of friends with DLH. Meaning there's a VERY HIGH chance that DLH will believe this bull****. Resulting in a DLH-Pac bout being called off. God I really hope Oscar follows Gomez' "advice". :good
Professionals at what? They are saying it for money. Let him just wait for the winner of Cotto vs Margarito. After next Saturday, we will finally hear Oscar decide on what he is going to do.
They're laying the groundwork for a possible Pac fight. They're making him seem more competitive to those who think Pac will be wiped out and its a mismatch. If they say, we expect to make a lot of money and an early round knockout than it wouldn't go over as well.
Pac-DLH in inevitable now. Just look in all websites?? News & forum are all filled with Pac-DLH. You barely see a Cotto-DLH thread. Cotto might even lose on Saturday. If Cotto wins but Didn't Dominate or didn't look good doing it, They will announce this Fight a Go right away.