Gone to November I'll be gone to November

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    As the song goes.

Of course, Im talking about Alex Arthur. Hes due to come back in November, & Im wondering whom you all think his next opponent will be. Of course Alex is the interim WBO superfeather champ & im wondering who his next opponent will be.

Now I have no inside info, & I can offer no cash prizes for who guesses Alex next opponent to be correctly. As I say, its no loaded question, cos I dont have a clue whats going to happen now that Guzman has decided hes not going to give up his belt, so I thought I would ask my ESB homies who they think Alex could or should fight next.

2. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    ???? dont rate arthur at all, he had his chance a couple of yrs ago & blew it ! couldnt care less who he fights!

3. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Gomez needs a comeback fight and then the rematch has to happen.

Then he can fight Guzman.

4. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Guzman is fighting Humberto Soto soon so Arthur presumely gets a defense in against anyone in the top 15 before taking on the winner(should they keep the belt and decide to face Arthur) .

However with this being the WBO and Frank Warren being involved a fighter doesn't have to be ranked by the WBO now or even win from now till when the fight is to get into their top 15 and fight Arthur .

The guys ranked highest in the WBO , Pacquiao , Barrera , Soto , Rocky Juarez all have fights so we have to presume it won't be too much of a name and a relatively easy first defence for Arthur .

#15 ranked Vicente Martin Rodriguez(just judging from his record) looks a nice safe first defence .

Then we have that great fight between Soto and Guzman and hopefully Soto wins that as I think him and Arthur would be a contender for fight of the year .

One things for sure , if Soto or Guzman decide to keep the title after their fight then Alex Arthur is going to be presented with a chance to join the big boys of the division .