Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Jun 22, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Extremely important.

If Couture manages to beat Gonzaga , He'll either get to fight Crocop (if crocop beats Congo).

OR , maybe He'll directly get to fight Emelianenko either this fall of maybe in december.
    ----------------------

If Gonzaga wins , It'll give Him even more credibility , PLUS , it'll also be an opportunity to have a monumental rematch vs Crocop (if he wins his next fight).

We could either have gonzaga vs fedor or one of the most important rematch in MMA history , (fedor vs crocop II).

Obviously none of this will happen if things don't go as planned. (if for some reason , Fedor will not fight in the UFC).

But anyway , the point is ....The HW division is really starting to get very interesting here.
    --------------------

Of course , let's not forget Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in all of this...
    He also has the potential to be a huge contender.

As for Barnett...who knows...Maybe He'll just stay in japan and fight for K1.

I wonder what will happen to Kharitonov , Randleman , Alexander & especially Hunt...will they stay in Pride? and if pride is really dead , will they all go in K1?...So many questions... The MMA scene is very unstable right now but it's still pretty exciting.

There's also a potential Liddell vs Silva fight and of course , a possible Shogun vs Jackson rematch too.

2. Mob

Mob Active Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Isn't MMA ****ing fun?!!!! I hate how so many people like to banter about which is best,...MMA or boxing. Both are great,....but they are so far different from one another.

Styles REALLY make fights in MMA because of the nature of the sport. Ya just never know...and that is what makes it so fun to watch.

As a 40 year old that has followed boxing to a tee for at least 30 years, and who never thought anything would be as exciting and fun as boxing........I must admit that over the past five or ten years I have become more of a MMA fan than a boxing fan.

Less bull****, and more fighting.

3. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    I think Mirko will have to do quite a bit more than beat Kongo to get the title shot. If he does, I think a rematch with Nog (if he beats Herring) might go down.

4. Mob

Mob Active Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Nog will beat Herring easily.

5. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Cro Cop is my favorite fighter, but I don't think CC vs. Fedor 2 is a necessity anymore. It's clear, Fedor is the man. I'd rather him add Couture and Gonzaga to his legacy. Then he's got to tangle with Barnett at some point. After that, there's no possible way to deny Fedor is the best...ever.

6. mantis_boxing

mantis_boxing Hail to the Thief... Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    I think Crocop-Fedor 2 would be an awesome fight, given that Mirko has some impressive wins stringed together from now onwards. Their first fight was far from one-sided.

7. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The problem was that bout should have happened immediately after the OWGP but both fighters had diffrent agenda`s.And since Fedor has moved to Bodog and done very little whereas Crop lost his aura when he got obliterated by Gonzaga.Shame as the heayweight landscape has changed immensely.Until most of PRIDE`s heavys come to the UFC i doubt well see a consistent champion or dominant contenders for a while yet.

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I think Couture can beat Cro. If he gets past Gonzaga that would be great.

To be the man at heavy though all roads lead to Fedor. If Couture beat Gonzaga and Cro I'd have to maybe have him equal!!!

9. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Id rather see Couture-Fedor to unify the belts then rather see a rightnow pointless Fedor-Cro Cop rematch. Couture-Fedor would probablly generate the most money in MMA history cause its the Heavyweight title unification and Couture is possibly the face of the UFC, Fedor is actually pretty pouplar in America and everyone knows hes the best of all times. Russia vs America come on now dont get no better. Also Couture has the best chance to beat Fedor cause he can cut him open with them short elbows.

10. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I don't get the rematch thing. I think it's because the division wasn't that great so everyone jumped on Mr Highlight Reel Cro Cop.

I was expecting fireworks when I watched it. Cro had nothing for him. He basically lost every round other than the one big moment where he stunned Fedor. As usual Fedor got hurt but showed his great survival skills.

I do want to see Gonzaga v Couture with the winner facing Fedor.

11. jimmie

Jul 19, 2004
    Exactly Fedor owned Cro even at his own game. I cant imagine cause Cro Cop beat Barnett agian and 205er Wanderlei Silva hes so improved he could KO Fedor :roll: Gonzaga destroyed Cro Cop he took the so called untakedownable down bashed him with elbows and took his head off with a kick that had Cop out cold. Maybe I saw a different fight cause im not a nuthugger or I dont have short memory.

12. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I'd be blown away if Couture beat Gonzaga and Cro Cop en route to a supermatch with Fedor, for pure fun, I'd probably even like it to happen even though I'm not much a fan of Couture.

Gonzaga will beat Randy I think....

13. jimmie

Jul 19, 2004
    Why dont u like Couture ? Hes my boy but im not trying to start a war of words im just curious care to explain ?

14. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Nothing against him personally, just never was a fan of his style at all. We all have those...

15. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Jimmie you know better than that:rofl It was the manner of Crops wins at the OWGP. NO ONE HAD EVER BEATEN WANDY THAT BAD EVER! And off the back of that he submitted Barnett with a fierce GNP that was very unlike Crop.Crop truly wanted to win that and his aggresion was the key.Normally is passive and counter punches and that was his downfall in the first bout against Fedor.Agression is key and he knows this.