Good interview with Mike Tyson on Wladimir v.s Joshua.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Todd498, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Yeah, he didn't sound right did he...looked zombied out. I'd say meds hes on though..Looked ans sounded vacant

boxwrecker likes this.
  2. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    That's what many of these idiots seem to leave out. Vitali took the fight on the SAME two week notice that Lewis did. Lol

Rudy, pernellaaron and Kevin Willis like this.
  3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Both had fights scheduled on the same night on the same card. I'll always admire both for stepping up and accepting to fight each other.

Vitali was younger and on the rise. Lewis was one of the oldest reigning champs in boxing history. Yet Lewis tore the side of Vitali's face off.

I always laugh when people say Vitali's "cut" caused the end of the fight. There were more than a half dozen cuts to the left side of his face and mouth that required 60 stitches to close them all.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39192000/jpg/_39192578_cut203_270.jpg

Lewis may have been down on the cards, but he beat the **** out of Vitali in just six rounds of a scheduled 12 ... and the fight was stopped on a TKO because Vitali was so tore up (by Lewis' punches).

Who knows what the hell Vitali would've looked like after a couple more rounds.

And Vitali didn't give anyone a rematch after he beat them. He always said they had their chance.

Sangria, Russell and Rumsfeld like this.
  4. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Vitali took the fight on short notice did he? lol.. Lets blow that myth out of the water right now shall we..

This content is protected

This content is protected

http://www.boxinginsider.com/interviews/interview-with-wladimir-vitali-klitschko/

6 months before the fight. Lewis didn't even know who Vitali was then. Half dead , old and over weight Lewis still murked Prime Vitali in only 6 rounds. Imagine what a prime version would have done to him.:eeek:

imagine what Tyson would have done to his little bro :eeek::ambulance::ambulance::ambulance:

5. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    ^^^^ Ohhh and look at that! Like clockwork it's the little nasty ESB Plague Rat on another thread to spew dumb crap to try and belittle a Klitschko!

Plague Rat Dumbovelvet:pipi

Rudy likes this.
  6. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    So much revisionist history surrounding the events of that fight. Mainly from Brittards and bitter Murican turds.

Todd498 likes this.
  7. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Great insight from Mike "I don't know" Tyson.

Staminakills likes this.
  8. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    They're funny aren't they?!

"Lewis beat the **** out of Vitali for 6 rounds." :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Right... that's why Lewis was behind on every card and almost KTFO a couple of times and out on his feet.

I guess that's why Lewis decided to call it a day at 37 and stay bitter about that fight when it's mentioned to him :D While Vitali STILL to this day wants to finish the job. Lol

Rudy likes this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Not exactly!! Kirk Johnson dropped out of what was supposed to be a warm up ready for Lennox to defend against Vitali next if they both won. Vitali was on the card too . Lennox knew Kirk had not been training & he too was overweight & barely 80$ ready. Lennox defended his World Heavyweight title against his #1 contender, who he knew was in top shape, on a few days notice. Name me one other champ to ever have the cojones to do that???

10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Lennox had a badly broken nose ????? Since when??? LEWIS TKO 6 live with it

Staminakills likes this.
  11. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Did you see the fight?? I doubt it lol Lennox nearly decapitated Vitali tight at the end of the last round. Lennox TKO-6 He had nothing left to prove he'd beaten VITALI Wlad was hiding Ike was incarcerated no one out there to challenge him. Lennox retired at exactly the tight time and stayed retired like all good champions should, He was offered fantastic $$$ to come back but he has all he needs at home

12. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    Dude... give it up. It's an argument you'll never win.

You people say "TKO6!!" and I'll continue saying RIR37 :thumbsup:

DEAL WITH IT!!

Lewis' chicken **** retirement:pipi

Rudy and Kevin Willis like this.
  13. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    I was right there when all this happened were you ??
    lol

14. The Kentucky Cobra

The Kentucky Cobra Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 9, 2017
    In other words Lewis wasn't the only one who took the fight on short notice.

Here is what Lewis himself had to say:

Lewis: I am excited as well. The fact that Klitschko and I were training for different opponents, and changed to fight each other just two weeks before the fight is incredible....It is just a size difference. I am a person that can adjust very easily. This is my chance to show the world that I can do that.

https://www.boxing247.com/news/Lennox-Lewis-Interview.php

Provide a source that states Lewis knew Kirk Johnson had for a fact not been training and was himself only 80% ready. Otherwise, this is an invented narrative.

Here is what Lewis himself had to say.

Question: Both you and Vitali thought you were going to fight in November. Is there a psychological advantage in fighting now for either fighter?

Lewis: I think it is an advantage for me because I am always ready to fight. This came all of a sudden, and he did not expect to fight me.

https://www.boxing247.com/news/Lennox-Lewis-Interview.php

Do you disagree with Lewis' own assumption?

How about giving Vitali the same respect. He was preparing to fight Cedric Boswell and instead stepped up to face one of the greatest Heavyweight Champions of all time on short notice.

Lewis: I think it is an advantage for me because I am always ready to fight. This came all of a sudden, and he did not expect to fight me.

15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    You missed the point I was trying to make. Name me one other champion that put his title on the line against his #1 contender on two weeks notice ??