good news anthony small is retiring

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Vantage_West, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
  2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I thought this would be a diss video.

Come on, he is a geezer. I give him props.

3. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    nah i like the guy he's a ****ing legend im just trying to get amsterdamn and the hater lot to come along and do the oh he has A WEAK Chin shouldnt be in the sport type thing and like anthony said at the end "i deeply apologize for all those who tunes in here today to see me cry" ****ing leg-end

4. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Great....so why bother training at all? I mean if God wants him to win he will and if God has planned for him to lose he will lose.
    Just turn up and see what happens, no point in watching videos, sparring etc, just let God handle it.

He can thank him the next time he loses and then thank him when he goes nowhere because he leaps in with his stupid Naz impression and falls around the ring off balance and wide open to counters. He can thank him for not telling him that he does not have Nazs power, reflexes or even speed and he can thank him for whatever else he wants.

I don't dislike Small, but his style is that of a kid who has watched a few fights and decided what sort of fighter he wants to be rather than fighting in a way that just comes naturally.
    He could probably be a lot better if he just tried fighting like a normal boxer, but his obsession with imitating highly rare and legendary fighters means he will always get exposed by a decent level counter puncher or well rounded boxer with a dig.

5. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    He's like A-Farce without the glass chin.

6. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Small actually talks a lot of sense in that video. I really hope he can back up his words as I am a big fan of his.

7. blueballs1978

blueballs1978 Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    To be fair, he actually talks a lot of sense in that interview.

8. Team_Calzaghe

Team_Calzaghe New Member Full Member

May 23, 2007

I think he's an idiot and makes a mockery of boxing. The tosser wears a mask like a wrestler, and has a ring entry with the same crass class of a drunken clown.

He's not a world class fighter and is too thick to elevate to that level.

Regards,

John:good

9. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    why did you quote hitman he has nothing to do with your post:huh

10. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

horrible habit to have. :yep

11. archie

archie Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    excellent news, hopefully he will come back stronger, maturer and more prepared than for the Pryce fight - although I still feel a premature stoppage ruined what potentially could have been a great fight!!

As previously stated, boxing would be a sadder (and poorer) place without personalities like Anthony Small..and like with his previous stable mate David Haye, who was different fighter following his shock defeat to Carl Thompson, perhaps Anthony will modify his game in the same way!! I for one am a big fan and wish him all the succes he deserves!!