Good, solid domestic bill...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Sep 27, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Frank Warren delivers a good bill here...

This content is protected

2. victorhugo4222

victorhugo4222 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 29, 2007
    an excellent bill though the fight that sticks out to me is the bell-fehintola fight think thats pretty evenly matched whats your opinion on that 1 achillles?

also who is mitchell fighting next any idea?

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    That is a good card although Warren usually promises more than he ends up delivering.

Just noticed Tony Bellew making his pro-debut. Must admit that him turning pro passed me by. He always looked better suited to the pro ranks especially with his power.

Edit: Just seen this article about Bellew.

Apparently he's going to be trained by Anthony Farnell and will be fighting Nicky Taylor who usually fights at LHW and has suffered a few KOs at that weight.
    http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=273219&cat=boxer.

4. Jimbo

Dec 1, 2005
  5. UKITAZ

UKITAZ Guest

What weight is Bellew fighting at as a pro ??

6. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
  7. Jimbo

Dec 1, 2005
    Good point, it says lhw on his boxrec page. He may be able to drop 25lb as according to this record he's only 5'10".

8. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
  9. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I only know of Fehintola from the Johansson fight. It is hard to get up for that one because it appears like the next step up is beyond both of them. However I respect they are fighting from proper domestic honours and will keep trying to work their way up.

I believe it is better to do it that way and establish a respectable domestic career than go for bollocks like the WBU. For example if Froch never wins a fight again he can say 'I dominated my era of British super mids and I never ducked no one'. That to me is better than him saying I went 30-0 with 10 WBU defences.

Ain't got a clue who Mitchell is fighting.

Intriguing that it doesn't even look like Khan v LAwton, more Khan v Mitchell.

If Frank is calling this collision course to hype a fight that never materialises then I won't be happy.

Truth be told though, its better Khan fights Mitchell in 2 fights than Diaz!!!

10. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    So who is Mitchell on a collision course with? So far his fists have only collided with journeymen chins.

Oh I get it, we mugs are supposed to believe that Khan & Mitchell will fight soon. I cant wait!!!!

11. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Mitchell fights the winner of johanneson Gomez in december. That'll suit Mr Warren nicely. Whoever gets through the October fight, which could eb a real war, wiill have to go straight back into the gym for training for mitchell. Neither fighter are fresh as it is!!