Good tools that fighters developed late in their careers?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Oct 2, 2018.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    My pick.

Cro Cop with his vicious elbows standing and on the mat is my pick. He campaigned against the use of elbows for a long time but decided to eat his words and adopt them as part of his game in recent years - the effect has been devastating.

This content is protected

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/pic-mi...-gruesome-scar-on-gabriel-gonzagas-face-20865

The irony here is that Cro Cop blamed the infamous Gonzaga loss on the elbows he sustained on the ground. The very way he got revenge against the Brazilian :lol:

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    The irony is real, Old Cro Cop is proof that you could teach an old dog new tricks. Who else is he going to pulverize with his elbows? I think he could avenge all his losses at this stage, and I feel they would count somewhat towards his legacy.

Oneirokritis and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    I'd love to see him smash Mir and Schaub. Followed by Kongo. Afraid I can't root for him against The Last Emperor but that's definitely a winnable fight for him. But I think this is his last year. I just hope it's a big name he fights at the NYE Rizin event.

4. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Vitor greatly improved his kicking arsenal in his trt form.

5. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    That's the most frightening result of PED across any combat sport I've ever seen. Anyone who questions whether any of that stuff needs to look at Belfort and the run he went on then. It was scary. I'm not sure anyone at MW-LHW would have beaten that guy. Even Jones. As crazy as that may sound......

6. ForemanJab

May 8, 2014
    Yeah it was freaky. The guy basically got his 20 year old body back overnight but now with almost 20 years of fighting experience on his side.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  7. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    I think that's an overstatement.

In fact he was still on TRT when he fought both Silva and Jones - and neither bout was competitive.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  8. ForemanJab

May 8, 2014
    He was in his low T, skinny fat mode vs Silva. He did well as short notice opponent vs Jones almost managing to tear his arm off.

9. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    He had one moment of his back - Jones unaware for a second. Other than that, he were dominated on the feet and on the ground.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Fedor with his KO power.

He was great at mixing it up (the best, IMHO). but he really found his one-shot power as he got older.

Oneirokritis and UnleashtheFURY like this.