Gorman v Dubois

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Oct 16, 2018.

1. J*B

J*B New Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2018
    If Fury beats Wilder I could see this late 2019, but if Fury loses theres no way Frank will risk 1 of his big prospects for a while. For what its worth Dubois doesn't stand out to me, sparring rumours are well and good but under the lights he's not fought anyone that poses a risk IMO. Gorman does seem to have a lot more to him than Dubois.

Oneirokritis and moog like this.
  2. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Warren will never make this fight.
    We just saw Dubois getting exposed by KJ.

Scissors likes this.
  3. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I said this about Gorman when he fought Akinlande but he went on to put a nice little run together. It's the old boxing clichés ''youre only as good as your last fight" and "styles make fights" at play here.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Oneirokritis and lewis gassed like this.
  4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Frank once again completely rules this out in his latest IFL.

lewis gassed, moog and pow like this.
  5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    This fight should be made

6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I know and he will be the first bumping his gums if Bautsi and Johnson dont fight next lol. Double standards.

velagod and Scissors like this.
  7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    From a fighters perspective why shouldn’t this happen? Having a 1 in the loss column on your record doesn’t mean you have to hang them up. Look at Froch, Groves, Degale, Crolla, Fielding, Khan etc. They’ve all went on to win world titles despite loses. And there’s plenty more.

Protecting fighters 0 is ridiculous these days.

moog likes this.
  8. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Gorman is garbage. He won't ever get any further than European level.

Dubois has more potential.

9. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I remember him saying earlier in the year that Gorman Dubois would be at least 18 months away. He's guarding Dubois like a Faberge egg.

10. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Based on their respective recent performances, I personally see it the other way round.

While Dubois has had the hype machine behind him from the off, Gorman quietly went under the radar and gradually gained exposure through his recent wins. Gorman is the more natural fighter of the two -- a good deal more fluid and technically polished despite his minimal amateur career, with way better punch variety and shot selection than Dubois -- and if they were to fight to in the next 12 to 18 months, I honestly believe Nate Gorman would lay waste to Daniel Dubois.

Scissors likes this.
  11. Blue Manc

Blue Manc Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree. Gorman is the better boxer but Dubois is the harder puncher but if you can't land....

Oneirokritis likes this.
  12. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    I think a lot of people have overstated Dubois' power (at least that's how I see it). If Dubois really does hit as hard as people think or say he hits, then surely he would've gotten old and shopworn Kevin Johnson out of there in the first three rounds, instead of allowing Johnson to old man him and take him the ten round distance.

Scissors likes this.
  13. Blue Manc

Blue Manc Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2018
    No he may have ko power but certainly in that fight he lacked boxing iq which is why I think Gorman will beat him

Scissors and Oneirokritis like this.
  14. pne buz

pne buz Active Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2008
    I think everybody forgets the utter dross we had to endure from Warren back in the day when he was ruling the roost.Eddie came along and blitzed him with decent match ups.Eddie starts monopolising **** and his shows go to bollocks.now Warren has to up the anti.it all business and not good for fans when one promoter becomes dominant.

15. Soap-box-sal

Soap-box-sal New Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Gorman gets a broken neck when Leapai hits him with a bowlo on top of the head. Dubois goes to Gormans funeral... close as they ever get...