Gorman v Dubois

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Both have withdrew from purse bids for British title eliminator.

2. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    At least the BBBoC tried. Pity, I think Gorman would've taken Dubois apart, but we'll have to wait 18 months no doubt if not longer to find out.

moog and Scissors like this.
  3. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Dubois doesn’t want it.

“I’ll fight whoever Frank puts infront of me”. Shameful duck.

This content is protected

305th and lewis gassed like this.
  4. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Go on frank!

Sphillips, lewis gassed and pow like this.
  5. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    He won't

ashishwarrior, Holler, S.K and 4 others like this.
  6. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    One can hope.

moog likes this.
  7. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    DD should fight Gorman asap since his chances diminish the longer Gorman stays focused and 'on the grind'.

"Gorman" spell corrects to "Hitman" on this phone.....the AI knows too much!

8. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Is Hughie the skirt still British champion ? That's what they are afraid of also if so , L's don't have to hurt young fighters in the long-term look at dillian Whyte , I wish Frank would show some more balls with his matchmaking.

My opinion DD beats Gorman comfortably but Labour's to a narrow points defeat against the skirt , the skirt outclasses Gorman wide on the cards if he comes through should these fights happen this year.

9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    What's changed

Oh as it now become a stadium fight

***** f w a n k

10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I think there is more of an upside to Dubois and more money to be made out of him. I don’t think from a promotional perspective that it would be wise to throw Dubois in with Gorman at this stage.

You would only do so if you thought you had a Lennox Lewis or Anthony Joshua level of potential on your books. Dubois doesn’t look like that level of prospect to me.

Gorman looks solid level HW above bog standard British level but below world top 15- he has looked impressive in patches.

So I don’t think this one happens.

11. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Glad to see bith want the fight and now even Warren does.

When we normally have two blue chip prospects roughly the same age in the same divison we get them to fight early in their careers ( AJ vs Whyte and Degale vs Groves). It has been proven that even the loser of the fight can go on to have a very successful career.

12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    They do believe that. “He knocked AJ out”, “he’s the biggest puncher in the division” etc.

I personally aren’t having him at the minute BUT he’s so young. In 6/7 years time he will be in his prime and who knows then.

13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I think that sort of thinking is becoming less prevalent sadly, maybe because of the way Mayweather extracted maximum value from his undefeated status.

I like Dubois, he seems to be a nice lad, maybe too nice to be honest. He also looks the part, amazing physique, imposing etc. Considering he's been boxing for so long though he doesn't impress all that much in the ring. I think he shouldve stayed in the amateurs, maybe had a crack at a world or Olympic title. That would've allowed him to gain experience and even taste defeat without losing his o.

At the moment, Gorman looks a much more rounded boxer and not only do I think he beats Dubois, I think he makes him look very limited when he does it. Which makes me conclude that the fight won't happen, because as above, I think the ceiling on Dubois in terms of earnings is higher.

I think Frank is going to shepherd him all the way to a world title shot and the plan is for him to go into that fight as an unbeaten, superhyped contender. So getting the run around by a fluid but flabby and balding hw who has greater ringcraft and variety of punches is not on the to do list.

Unless of course that Dubois improves with time and experience, maybe to the point that Gorman can't live with him...

Scissors likes this.
  14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Spot on that.

Holler likes this.
  15. BluenoseBxingFan

BluenoseBxingFan Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    I like Gorman, but he's ridiculously overrated on here. DD beats him imo.

Jojojojo likes this.