Got a feeling Fielding will get smashed by Brophy

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Sep 26, 2017.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Smith KO'd him in 1, okay smith is quality and world level.
    Ryder outboxed and beat Fielding but was on the wrong end of the decision.
    Christopher Rebrasse beat the crap out of Fielding and was robbed.

Fielding thinks his power will get him out of any situation, where is Brophy has never had fight stopping power and has used skills to beat his opponents, until he battered the australian zac dunn in an upset, he now probably believes he has enough pop to get to fielding who is chinny. Brophy also was up against groves in a mismatch, Groves is probably the most talented smw in the world. I think Ol billy gets brophy in shape, and is a dedicated fighter, i think fielding comes in fleshy and will gas late on. Brophy tko9!

Draperys likes this.
  2. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Brophy will win

3. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I think its a close fight , one I really want to see when and where is it on ?

4. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    rocky is not a very good fighter

ryder is a middleweight and he was able to bully rocky
    rebrasse knocked him down and almost stopped him and bullied him at times
    smith showed in his last night that he wasnt at the level of the matchroom hype and he destroyed rocky

i had him losing all them fights not just the smith fight

5. davidmcallister

davidmcallister Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Have met Rocky when Matty was training with Oliver and he really is a nice guy but imo I have started to see signs that he might be there for the taking and that his career is on a downward spiral, I think Rocky is a confidence fighter and imo his only chance at the weekend would be if he really managed to hurt or bully David Brophy early in the fight.

Having also met David at Billy's gym he too is a very nice guy and imo he is going the other way and starting to believe he he can reach high levels and his confidence is sky high after his great win over in OZ.

I think that Brophy wins either wide points or gets to Rocky late on and stops him.

moog likes this.
  6. Boxing Brit

Boxing Brit Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Fielding tries to be too macho when fighting, brophy is a decent boxer but doesn't carry too much power. Question is can fielding handle any power if he gets hit properly.

7. Boxing Brit

Boxing Brit Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Fielding tries to be too macho when fighting, brophy is a decent boxer but doesn't carry too much power. Question is can fielding handle any power if he gets hit properly.

8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    To be fair to Ryder, he’s a bully for everyone. BJS had a torrid time with him. No shame in having a tough night with that kid.

I’m really looking forward to this. I think Fielding will just edge it on points.

9. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    The thing with Rocky is he gets pushed back to easy and his wide open he could be a better fighter with a better trainer

Twentyman likes this.
  10. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I got Brophy, as the OP said Fielding has been very fortunate to get the decision in a few of his recent fights and I think his luck may run out on saturday night. I also fancy Stuart Hall to upset Paul Butler on the same card, you can get 14/1 on a Hall & Brophy double, worth a cheeky tenner.

11. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I feel Fielding has actually got worse since the Smith defeat, I think Brophy has a really good shot. I had Ryder beating Fielding at the time.

@Maley likes this.
  12. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    i fancy butler to win that one by decision

13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree with what seems to be the general view that Fielding seems to be slipping and Brophy improving. I think if Rocky doesn't hurt Brophy early he might need a dodgy scorecard to win. Brophy throws volume and high pressure all things Rocky struggles with. Be a cracking fight.

14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I've never rated Fielding, I think Brophy has a great chance.

The fight I'm interested in is O'Hara Davies Vs Tom Farrell. I've seen (and I'm sure you have too) unbeaten fighters lose that 0 and never recover and normally it's the arrogant ones, once that bubble bursts they go backwards.

I think Tom Farrell at around 4/1 is worth a punt. Nothing major but definitely a couple of quid.

15. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    I think Brophy's got this one. Fielding's been somewhat lucky at times in his career tho so if it goes to distance and Brophy wins more rounds, doesn't necessarily mean he'll get the decision.