Got my first fight scheduled

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by RML, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Smithson

Smithson Active Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Yeah my trainer told me if he comes out swinging like a lunatic then don't stand and trade with him it's not a street fight. Stay calm cover up when needed but stick your jab in his face aswell, soon as he slows pressure him.

In my second fight I fought someone who has having there first fight and he was the complete opposite to my first he was very hesitant and threw lots of feints but barely threw punches so I had to become the one who went for him.

Either way bro just stay calm and enjoy yourself, good luck.

2. kiniumi

kiniumi Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2012
    fight have fun fighting because you love fighting and thats why you box right? thats what its all about dont worry about win or loose just think to your self "I get to fight i love fighting. it makes me happy" **** the win or loose scenario man.

my tip for you is this-> a lot of amatuers in there first fight attempt to circle and jab for the entire fight every round all round. thats just a good way to kill your stamina.\

instead get in throw a combo and get out when your on the outside dont worry about moving your body lots but when your on the inside keep your head moving

around where im from head movement is partically never seen beyond me lol MOVE YOUR HEAD. EVEN IN ROUND 2 AND 3

3. RML

RML New Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Thanks guys.

I also hope im not like one of last guys fighting. Last thing I want is sitting around for hours.

4. kiniumi

kiniumi Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2012
    hate to break it to you rml but it kinda sucks being a heavyweight for that reason. we are last 95% of the time but hey that just means we are the main event =p

5. Smithson

Jun 27, 2014
    If you weigh 201 pounds get use to being on later everytime lol
    Just enjoy your night as much as u can soak up the atmosphere watch some fights relax. I'm 75kg so althought not at the top of the bill I'm normally somewhere near the top and this is how I deal with the waiting around.

Some people need to be in the back getting them selfs mentally ready all night but in my opinion your using up alot of energy

6. Smithson

Jun 27, 2014
    how did the fight go?

7. RML

RML New Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2014
    2nd round KO!

To be honest the guy was not very good. I would bet any in good shape 200lber could have possibly beaten him but still feels good. He came out like a bull out of the cage. Right when bell rang he literally ran at me throwing haymakers lol. I was ready as I knew he would but I still was a little shook 1st round but 2nd round I went nuts and he gassed. Caught him with his hands down and threw a combo and got him with a right hand and he went down. Right when bell rang I knocked him prob like 10 secs within it.

8. SweetScience

SweetScience Accuracy is the key! Full Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Congratulations on the win! I lost my first fight. Do good and continue to train hard

9. Smithson

Jun 27, 2014
    Congrats mate it's a surreal Experience being in there is nt it

10. SweetScience

SweetScience Accuracy is the key! Full Member

Mar 25, 2007
    I compete amateur but not on a national level and definitely not pro