Gotta give props to Hearn for fight camp

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    For a Saturday night fight card in front of no fans i have to give Eddie some appreciation, I'm not his biggest fan as for years he has being mugging us off with sub par foreign opposition and tick over fights as main events.
    Last night showed what a Saturday night fight card should entail we had and English a British and an International Belt on the line and a prospect getting to show his skills against a game come to win fighter, with Gill vs Bellotti as a good fight to open i had it a 50-50 going into it.
    I also really enjoyed Wardley's performance with the limited experience he has showed good movement and skills and put it on Vallily when he hurt him. I think he should target Nick Webb next, he knocks him out IMO, then he could commend a challenge at the British. He needs to keep stepping it up and learning on the job well done lad.
    The Egg vs Cheese was a very competitive 50-50 as a main event and it delivered for me and maybe will end up being the British FOTY candidate i was fully enthralled and entertained throughout the show and for me Eddie delivered so i have to give him respect and he has set the bar now for boxing in this country at present with Covid and no crowds, i just hope he continues on this path of no tick overs and no easy paydays even for his upper level fighters get them all moving forwards and putting it on the line.

Furey, ryanm8655, KingKO and 4 others like this.
  2. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The entire card if you placed a £1 on the favourites, returned 36p, yes what a card, 1/36 on the whole card, top draw that

3. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I take it you didn't watch it then mate with those odds must have been a complete waste of time for such a hardcore as yourself......

4. Dancoyr

Dancoyr Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    For a viewer would it of been any different had they of put it an a studio, I don't think it would. Fights in the garden is an ego thing for Hearn in my opinion. The sound effects were awful and couldn't hear any of the corners or punches landing, something we was promised for weeks. UFC coverage with no fans has been spot on, not sure why they didn't just follow suit. Doubt I will tune in for this week's card, again another huge mismatch with the bookies.

dryzer likes this.
  5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I thought it was a very good card. really enjoyed it. I liked the setting, much better than a studio for me. Dissapointed with the lack of noise in ring and in corners, sky need to sort that (but as threads about Hearn, i must say thats not his fault)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    ryanm8655, kojak, Wizbit1013 and 4 others like this.
  6. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Good night of boxing and far better than some studio.

Sky need to mic the ring better.

Clarence Gianni, moog and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    wicky drew the curtains

Twentyman likes this.
  8. davidjay

davidjay Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm trying to understand the mindset of someone who can rubbish a fight like that on the basis of the bookies odds.

9. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Great night of boxing tbf. Makes a massive difference watching these kind of fights when we,ve sat and kind of got to know the boxers a bit better this week. Good to see the slightly lower level guys get some exposure other than just seeing them in fights your watching waiting on the main event.

Fair play to hearn...i know that people love to hate...but hes done great regarding british boxing tbh. Works his socks off. Deserves the success hes getting from it. Might have been born with a silver spoon but hes picked the spoon up and grafted hard for it.

Furey, Usercom, DJN16 and 6 others like this.
  10. FP 2.0

FP 2.0 Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Someone who just lost a bet I’d imagine?

11. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Look at the total lack of interest in bt shows. The fight camp set up is far far better than a studio. It's only three weeks and then they need to come up with something else but I really enjoyed it as a event

Usercom and Patter983 like this.
  12. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    it’s mad the amount of tweets I’ve seen with everyone saying there buzzing boxing is back at last , totally dismissing the fact BT have been back with boxing for weeks lol.

it was a very good night of boxing I must admit some really good fights ! Just makes me laugh with how the two fighters have been beating each other up sweating bleeding and grappling each other for 12 rounds but after the fight they have to make sure they are no way near each other when being interviewed hahaha it’s madness !

13. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    It was a good event but ruined by the Sky Sports commentary and especially Adam Smith. It's the same deal with the football, great coverage but awful commentary team, who the **** want to listen to Jamie Carragher and Phil Neville.

Clarence Gianni and Special one like this.
  14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Makes it more like 1/3 then

tdf1974 and dryzer like this.
  15. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Well that is as good as it gets without a crowd I guess. Fireworks and all....well done Matchroom and Sky. Beat that BT and Frank......