Great boxing quotes

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kirk, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Punisher33

Punisher33 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I like the qoute when Tyson said he gave the stripper a lapdance. The guy was amazing. I still say my favorite was "Come over here and say it to my face so I could **** you in the ass infront of everybody".

2. pretty boy

pretty boy Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2009
    If u even dream of beating me u better wake up and apologise. Joe louis.

3. cubex

cubex Boxing Addict banned

Sep 12, 2009
    ''A champion is someone who gets up when he can't''-Jack Dempsey.

4. bennie

bennie Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2009
    "First you lose your legs, then your reflexes, then your friends."

Willie Pep.

5. Lightsout_Ruben

Lightsout_Ruben Believer Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I don't care what anybody says about Andrade's skills. There is no way you cannot love this Man. The brother is all class and heart. Awesome quote by a very humble and determined fighter.:good

6. Singh

Singh New Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2009
    boxing is like ballet, except there is no music, no chreogprahpy, and the dancers hit each other

7. UFgators

UFgators Active Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
    After the first Taylor fight

Merchant : When you were down, give us your thoughts.
    Pavlik: **** its gonna be a long night.

8. TonyD407

TonyD407 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hatton ......'right hook roll under' :yep

9. nastynas

nastynas Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Good one, Stuart Smalley.

Heres my favorite:

"Theres nothing better than having your hand raised when youre not supposed to. Its defiant. There's nothing better than defiance"- Sugar Ray Leonard

"I'm scared every time I go into the ring, but it's how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, 'Let's go.' "- Mike Tyson

10. Philphy Rich

Philphy Rich Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hmmm, wait what?

I thought the story went that Tyson's pigeons were always his most beloved thing, and it when a local neighborhood bully ripped one of their heads off infront of him that he snapped & beat him up.

Confusing.

11. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    ya he does love pigeons.... :think

12. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    More TYSON from the link
    "I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity. A dark shadowy figure from the bowels of iniquity. I wish I could be Mike who gets an endorsement deal. But you can't make a lie and a truth go together. This country wasn't built on moral fiber. This country was built on ****, slavery, murder, degradation and affiliation with crime

"I’m too stigmatised in this country, I want to do something that will have a tangible effect on people. I live in a world where I’m not too media-friendly, I would never be successful in this country."

When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it.

"People love you when you're successful, but if you're not, who really cares about you?"

There are nine million people who see me in the ring and hate my guts. Most of them are white. That's OK. Just spell my name right."

To a question on whether he feels support from the common fan: "I don't feel love from them because there's no love. They don't know me as an individual; they know me for what I actually do. Because they pay to see me smash anybody. If they're white they pay, [it's] because the only thing they have respect for is my ability as an athlete. But if I was in court and I had to use them to testify against me on my character, they wouldn't testify positively against me and they would think I'm a cad..."

In 2002: "I think the average person thinks I'm a ****ing nut and I deserve whatever happens to me."

In 2005: "Most of my fans are too sensitive. I’m a cruel and cold and hard person. I’ve been abused in every way you can imagine. Save your tears. I lost my sensitivity. You embarrass me when you cry."

I'm not used to sensitivity any more. When I see people cry when I lose, save your tears. I don't know how to handle people crying any more. I lost my sensitivity like that. Please, you embarrass me when you cry because I don't know what to do when you cry. I don't know what to say."

13. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    more TYSON

"I don't like his lack of respect for me. The way he talks about me. He calls me an actor. If you're a true fighter you don't accept anyone calling you anything other than a fighter. I was with my wife in a restaurant called Crustacean once, and Monica says, `Go and say hi to Lennox'. So I did, and he looks at me as if to say, `Who you lookin at?' I wanted to punch him right there. He made a punk out of me. Stared me down like a mad dog."

"Lennox is a conqueror? No. I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander! I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless. I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey, there's no one like me - I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me! My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious! I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!" [Lennox Lewis had no children at the time of this quote

I like the hip writers: Fitzgerald, the guy who committed suicide, Hemingway, all those guys. Some of them were alcoholics and drug addicts but they had fun. They were real people. They formed the culture of American literature. Hemingway admired Tolstoy, Tolstoy admired Pushkin, and Mailer admired Hemingway. It all flows down. The greats are all connected. One day I'm gonna write a book myself. The first chapter will be about what a rough deal my momma got. She believed in you guys and your society."

These books ain't window dressing. I think Machiavelli's the most sophisticated writer outside of Shakespeare. Way ahead of his time. Such a manipulative person. Everything he accomplished he did by kissin' ass."

You guys have written so much bad stuff about me I can't remember the last time I ****ed a decent woman. I have to go with strippers and 'ho's' and bitches because you put that image on me."

14. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    more TYSON lol

I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too. I think it's un-American not to go out with a woman, not to be with a beautiful woman, not to get my dick sucked ... It's just what I said before, everybody in this country is a big ****ing liar. [The media] tells people ... that this person did this and this person did that and then we find out that were just human and we find out that Michael Jordan cheats on his wife just like everybody else and that we all cheat on our ****ing wife in one way or another either emotionally, physically or sexually or one way."

You guys would rather be with someone else who's equal to your status in life. Tiger Woods, or somebody. I comes across as crass, a Neanderthal, a babbling idiot sometimes. I like to show you that person. I like that person. He makes you want to come and listen to me."

"Most writers, in my opinion, are dysfunctional derelicts."

"Sometimes you guys have no pride, so no matter what I say, you guys ... it doesn't affect you because you don't care about nothing but money. So every now and then I kick your ****ing ass and stomp on you and put some kind of pain and inflict some of the pain on you because you deserve to feel the pain that I feel."

I wish that you guys had children so I could kick them in the ****ing head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel my pain because that's the pain I have waking up every day."

"I'm just a sucker even talking to you guys. I should be ready to rip your heads off your necks. But it's just not the right thing to do."

"I feel like sometimes that I was born, that I'm not meant for this society because everyone here is a ****ing hypocrite. Everybody says they believe in God but they don't do God's work. Everybody counteracts what God is really about. If Jesus was here, do you think Jesus would show me any love? Do you think Jesus would love me? I'm a Muslim, but do you think Jesus would love me ... I think Jesus would have a drink with me and discuss ... why you acting like that? Now, he would be cool. He would talk to me. No Christian ever did that and said in the name of Jesus even ... They'd throw me in jail and write bad articles about me and then go to church on Sunday and say Jesus is a wonderful man and he's coming back to save us. But they don't understand that when he comes back, that these crazy greedy capitalistic men are gonna kill him again."

He was trying to scrutinize with my brain."

You're smart too late and old too soon."

"I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds."

In a 2003 interview with Fox News legal expert Greta Van Susteren, Tyson denounces Desiree Washington as "no i didnt **** that slimy *****. because shes really a bad person . I just hate her guts. She put me in that state where, I don't know, I really wish I did now. Now I really do want to **** her and her ****ing mama

"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****."

15. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    More Tyson

On a 2002 column by sportswriter Wallace Matthews: “[He] called me a ‘******’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

ESPN reporter: There were reports, Mike, that you were out partying in Vegas. Is that, in fact, the case? Tyson: This is not true. This is not true at all. Um, one day, I went out one day - because when somebody trains, you just get crazy and bored - and I went to a strip club because I gave a dancer a lap dance. Reporter: You gave HER a lap dance? Tyson: That's just what I like to do. I do what I want to do.

On Don King: "I found out that someone I believed was my surrogate father, my brother, my blood figure turns out to be the true Uncle Tom, the true ******, the true sellout. He did more bad to black fighters than any white promoter ever in the history of boxing