Great boxing quotes

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kirk, Oct 31, 2009.

1. boricua100%

boricua100% Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 15, 2008
    :roflFunny

This is absolutely GREAT!!:good

2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    RICARDO MAYORGA

“I'm the champion. You've got to recognize that. My strongest hand is my right hand. You see his eye? I'm going to detach his retina.”

“I'm not going to be a coward and make excuses like a lot of fighters when they lose. Whatever the reason, I lost the fight.”

"I was proud of the way Shane fought, like a true champion. He didn't run. I thought I was doing well in the fight, and I came out to win it in the last round, but Shane caught me. I will tell that he hit harder than I thought he would."

They chose me because I'm No. 1 and I've been a three-time world champion. I've been losing to the best, not to anyone. They know I'm a great fighter. And, win or lose, they are going to remember me forever.

I had my chance, fought with (Felix) Trinidad and all these guys. For pounds, I'm just not going to say no to a fight because I know he's just a fat guy from a barrio in Mexico. I took the fight because I know I'm going to beat him. Make sure he brings his mother to the press conference after the fight so in front of his mother he apologizes to my mother, who is going to be there, too. He has to do it in front of them and then I will apologize to his mother, too, because she doesn't deserve to have that. It's just he started this.

I'm going to come down for (Miguel) Cotto, Mosley and anybody who wants to fight. I'm ready for them. That's my weight class. I'm doing this to knock out this guy and go back to my weight class and beat anyone that's there.
    Floyd Mayweather is the one I really want to fight. I take Cotto off the list because Mosley is going to beat him. If not, I will beat him after. But he's going to beat him. I'm taking him out of the list............ Thank you for the interview and we'll see you soon. And say bye to Mayorga, the bad boy.

3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. That's all I am. I live it.
    Marvin Hagler

Aside from a handful of guys boxing is missing the good trainers, that's why our sport is so in the air now because we don't have people who have the capability to not only train fighters but also train and create decent respectable citizens of the world.
    Alexis Arguello

Boxing is a celebration of the lost religion of masculinity all the more trenchant for its being lost.
    Joyce Carol Oates

Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.
    George Foreman

Boxing is the only sport you can get your brain shook, your money took and your name in the undertaker book.
    Joe Frazier

Boxing is the toughest and loneliest sport in the world.
    Frank Bruno

I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own.
    Muhammad Ali

4. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    IMO Tyson is overrated as a fighter but underrated as a human

5. LukeO

LukeO Erik Morales is God Full Member

Jun 30, 2007
    What the **** is that gay ass picture in your profile?
    Holy ****.

6. nastynas

nastynas Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Cossell- I saw Liston today.
    Ali- Aint he ugly?

Joe Louis- You know that bum of the month tour?
    Ali- Yeah.
    Louis- You would've been on that tour.

You know, boy, the heavyweight division for a Negro is hardly likely. The white man ain't too keen on it. You have to be something to go anywhere. If you really ain't gonna be another Jack Johnson, you got some hope. White man hasn't forgotten that fool ****** with his white women, acting like he owned the world.
    Joe Louis' trainer, Jack Blackburn, warned him about getting high and mighty

7. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Earnie Shavers hit me, man, and knocked me face down on the canvas. I was in the land of make believe. I heard saxophones, trombones. I saw little blue rats, and they were all smoking cigars and drinking whisky.
    James 'Quick' Tillfe

George Chuvalo's best punch is a left cheek to the right glove.
    Larry Merchant

On being hit by Joe Louis - It's like someone jammed an electric light bulb in your face, and busted it. I thought half my head was blowed off... When he knocked me down I could have stayed there for three weeks.
    James J. Braddock

It's not one of Bruno's fastest wins... but it's one of them
    Harry Carpenter

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    I know this is the general, but i always post this one.

Charley Burley (not exact but you get me), on being asked if he was bitter about not getting a fight with Ray Robinson-

'no, God asked us both, ''which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray Robinson'', i just didn't raise my hand fast enough'

9. el_indio

el_indio Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2009
    "Uhhhmmm you know, walang personalan, trabaho lang" - Manny Pacquiao, after knocking out Hatton.

10. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    Haha, quality.

11. marting

marting Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I forget the fight and the fighter but it went something like this:

Fighter gets knocked down and the ref approaches him and says,"Are you o.k.?"
    Fighter, "Hell, I'm from Philadelphia."

12. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    Haha,

not sure if it's been posted, but when Flumer got laid out by Robinson and was in his dressing room afterwards 'when does the fight start?'

13. dee-z-r

dee-z-r Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2009
    lol sounds like something kanye west would say now

14. tojikiston

tojikiston Contender Full Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Before 1990 he was just awesome!!!
    Dude was in so much pain :verysad
    And so poetic! incredible!!:yikes

15. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member