Great performance by whyte? Are you serious? Povetkin wasn't fit to fight!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Mar 27, 2021.

1. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    It was a great performance by Whyte, he won decisively, he beat the guy who held the belt, he beat the guy in front of him, it not Whytes fault Povetkin for some reason or combination of reasons, did not provide a major challenge tonight.

As Jack Dempsey said "You know what a champion is? A champion is someone who's ready when the gong rings - not just before, not just after - but when it rings". Whyte was that fighter tonight, ok it was the interim belt but that was what was on the line.

2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I give him credit for his win against Rivas, Parker (even though Parker would have won on another night).

Rivas and Parker are two wins he clearly deserved. Two fighters who were considered top 10 at the time, and he was clearly beating Povetkin before he got knocked out first time.

I don't know man. Whyte has some skills, but he looks all over the place some times. He, in ways, looked a lot less impressive than the last fight.

In the first Povetkin fight Dillian Whyte boxed extremely well. Controlled with his jab and putting Povetkin down slowly.

Tonight... I'm disappointed in the fight as a whole, but also kind of disappointed with Whyte because he didn't show any improvement from last fight, he often swung windmills like Wilder.

If he fought the Povetkin from last year, I think he would have gotten KO'd quicker this time.

MagicE likes this.
  3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    That was the same Povetkin from August, the reason Povetkin was stumbling is because Whyte was roughing him up and pushing him off balance and when the ref seperated them, Povetkin went stumbling back, also Povetkin always looks the same walking into the ring, he always has the 'couldn't give a ****' look about him, even when he is not boxing, he always has the serious face and he looked lethargic because he is old, he looked like that last time, you just forget because of the shock of the knockout and result, you don't think about the ring walk, Povetkin looked the same in both ring walks, prime Povetkin would probably beat Whyte, but Whyte beats that Povetkin from August 9/10 times

4. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 8, 2014
    I called it. Povetkin had at most a month to train for the fight after being admitted to hospital 2x. This fight shouldn't have been sanctioned.

lordlosh likes this.
  5. lordlosh

lordlosh Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    While Povetkin was pretty much shot in the first fight i would have given Whyte big credit if he was to win that fight. But sadly his soul was separately from his body.
    I can`t give him credit for beating a guy that was on the ring, just because there was a rematch clause and was probably forced to come.

MagicE likes this.
  6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Whyte seperated his soul from his body in the fight, Povetkin was the same in this fight as he was the last fight, it's just that Whyte used his weight advantage and also that Povetkin was old

7. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Are you serious? You seriously think that the Povetkin tonight was the same as Povetkin in August?

Povetkin was clearly in no condition to fight. He looked tired and ill before he even fought and his balance was gone.

There was no head movement, a lot less energy and output.

Maybe Whyte would have beaten August Povetkin the majority of times, but there was a clear difference between the Povetkin in August, and Post covid povetkin.

Povetkin was smirnoffed or drugged medicinally or recreationally. He looked terrible.

There was a quite clear difference. Povetkin had at least some energy in August, some decent output and there were close rounds, and Povetkin had some semblance of balance.

I have no idea how on earth you could just completely no factor in Covid and what Povetkin has gone through in the last 6 months. He was NOT the same.

8. lordlosh

lordlosh Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Another troll. I mean you get into hiding after your precious fighter gets KOed into oblivion(talking generally), and shows only when your fighter is winning, and go hiding once he lost, today fanbase couldn't be greater.
    I just don`t know how biased you have to be to say this was the same Povetkin. Blind, semi-blind, fully-blind ? Did you shave your Whyte glasses before the fight? Or was riding while watching it ?
    You got to be blind to not see the difference in footwork, speed, from how far he lunges, that his energy was gone from the bell, that his balance is totally off, that he couldn`t even keep his guard up.

I mean trolls like you don`t deserve a respond, but you will get one, second time - ignore.
    And calling you a troll should mean a good thing to you, cause if you are not, you better go visit the doctor - right now !
    Everyone have a favorite fighter, but not recognize day from night is just a big thing, you know ?

Let me remember what a past past past(past to s****) Povetkin did to Whyte, when he wasn`t an absolutely in a no shape to fight and totally past to ***** COVID patient:

Sap1en and highlander like this.
  9. sasto

sasto Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    The balance thing was weird and disturbing but I think even this Povetkin would have beaten the #50 HW or something like that.

He still had a little sharpness on his punches and he took a lot from Whyte before going down.

10. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4 Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I would’ve given Ricky Hatton a good shot at beating him tonight as well he was there to watch his boy

11. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    He didn't look all that good in the first fight either. He looked shopworn and old. In this fight he looked worse. He no longer takes punches well at all. He's had some good pay days. He should retire.

12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    He was stumbling around at the press conference, and multiple people noticed it on these boards.

I don't have any beef with Whyte. He is a fight-anyone kind of guy, and I respect that. He beat who was in front of him, and put himself back in place for a shot. But know, this was not the same Povetkin, and it was sad to watch.

13. richdanahuff

richdanahuff Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Whyte looked good not great but very good....he came in ready to go and aggressive but smart

Povetkin looked great against Joshua just 3 yrs ago but he looked shot tonight. At 41 fighters can grow old overnight...if he was looking shot in training post Covid then shame on his team. His legs looked tired and he seemed off balance from the jump....but to be fair Whyte has power and he caught him with good rights early and often....I just question how much Povetkin stumbled even ducking shots

14. highlander

highlander Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2017
    ayydman (?) is back! LOL!

15. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I don't know how he even got cleared to fight. He was clearly out of shape and out of balance before the fight started. Hearn and Whyte are sociopaths and this is boxing politics at its worst.

Povetkin clearly got ravaged by Covid and he didn't train much for the fight. Why do you think the bookies had it so wide? If I could bet money in my state, I would have put a fortune on Whyte to knock out Povetkin.

Sap1en and lordlosh like this.