Greatest insults/sledges from fighter to fighter during a bout...

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Cakey, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Cakey

Cakey New Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2010
    A former Australian world title holder once insulted his opponent during a clinch with...Hey can you let your Mum know she left her shoes in my van last night....

I would love to read of many more sledges/insults that happened in the ring during a bout.

2. fistfighter

fistfighter 44-3-1 (42KO's) Full Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Allegidly Ali delivered Nursery rhymes during some of his fights, to get into his opponents head.

3. GordonGarner65

GordonGarner65 Active Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Thrilla in Manilla

Ali to Frazier " They said you were washed up"
    Frazier to Ali "They lied".

4. nikrj

nikrj Active Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Fight of the Century
    Ali to Frazier: "You know, you're in here with the God tonight"
    Frazier to Ali: "If you are God, you're in the wrong place tonight"

5. jowcol

jowcol Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm not sure of the fighters, but I think this was a s c r a p from the 40's 50's. They came out to start one of the mid-rounds and the eventual winner put his gloves out to touch. The 'victim' said: "This isn't the last round" to which the winner said: "It is for you" :) Though this doesn't pertain to the thread topic, I have to mention my favorite quote during a fight which always makes me laugh. The great Willie Pastrano was fighting in MSG in the early 50's against a good up and comer. In the 3rd or 4th round, the up and comer nailed Willie with a shot that dumped him. He rose, tried to gather his wits and 30 seconds later tasted another shot that laid him out. Willie rose on shaky knees; the ref said: "Do you know where you are? To which Willie responded: "H e l l yes I know where I am, I'm in the middle of Madison Square Garden gettin' the s h i t kicked out of me!" :)

Clinton likes this.
  6. nikrj

nikrj Active Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2011
    lol I remember that Hearns did put his left glove out to be touch by Duran at the beginning of the second round of their bout..... I wonder if he already knew that It would be the final round of the fight...... :) lol