***Groves/Smith, Burns/Katsidis, Bute/Johnson & Kirkland/Angulo RbR!!!***

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ishy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Scotty321

Scotty321 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yes pretty sure he is.. He headlined FNFs at the start of the year and they were tight.

2. slip&counter

slip&counter Gimme some X's and O's Full Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Damn, Marquez is looking so bulked up. I hope he's not planning on coming in heavy and trying to match Manny for the weight. That would be big mistake IMO because he's gonna look so slow and sluggish. He shouldn't worry about the weight, it's his skills that give Pacquiao problems. If i was him i'd even come in below 140.

3. lirva

lirva Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2010
    kirkland does not care who he is fighting. he would come forward against a prime mike tyson and try to KO him

angulo didnt look to have much stamina. surely he couldnt have taken kirkland too seriously after watching the ishida fight... ooops!

as has been said, angulo took extreme punishment and may require a visit to the ER for brain scans just to make sure everything is alright.

kirkland vs margarito - what a fight!

kirkland has to work on not getting caught cold and not leaving himself open to counters. martinez would have had a field day with counters. but i also think that kirkland, like froch, is much much better than he looks on TV

4. slip&counter

Jul 23, 2008
    Before the fight Kirkland was a glass jawed joke and now people are mentioning fights with Margarito, Alvarez and even Martinez, LOL!

5. Decy

Decy Barely Coherent Full Member

Oct 23, 2006

He is what he is he would beat Chavez easily and give Canelo a decent fight(not convinced with his chin)but Margo would destroy him and Sergio would make him look stupid,

6. slip&counter

Jul 23, 2008
    Kirkland ain't beating any decent level fighter 'easily' anymore. He's gonna get stopped again by someone worse then Chavez. Might even happen in his next fight.

7. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Ishida rematch? Hopefully he'll actually train this time and remove the blip from his record lol

8. Lilo

Lilo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2010
    ^^^
    He'll avoid him just like Khan does with Prescott ;)

9. nickthegreek

nickthegreek Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Angulo/Kirkland is starting now on sky sports 4 for anyone who wasn't seen it.

10. Lazarus

Lazarus Realist Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Wtf. How shitty is SS commentary compared to what HBO were saying. So much less dramatic. Made it so much less exciting.

11. JFT96

JFT96 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2010
    :deal

A Margarito fight in the future could be a good idea for Kirkland IMO. I just don't know what he has left, I'm sure the Pacquiao beating has had an effect on him. Normally, I'd have backed him vs Cotto in the rematch to get the job done because I think his style matches up well with him but I just feel Miguel is the fresher of the two and will be able to box his way to a decision.

If Cotto does win, I'd really like to see Margarito-Kirkland in 2012.

12. dftaylor

dftaylor Writer, fanatic Full Member

May 7, 2010
    Great work from kirkland to gut out the win. Does anyone know if boxnation is repeating the bute fight?

13. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    They need a schedule up on their website. Everyone knows when the live fights are on but they need to let people know when the repeats on on.

14. dftaylor

dftaylor Writer, fanatic Full Member

May 7, 2010
    Goodness, mcewan is appalling.

15. roe

roe Guest

Switched over from McEwan to Bute/Johnson but then straight away get Duke McKenzie on Bute's nuts. "You've got your world champions and then you've got guys like Lucian Bute". **** off Duke. That line was terrible when you first used it, why you'd repeat it is mental.

Fair play Kirkland as well. Great fight but Angulo clearly blew himself out in the first.