Groves V Eubank Jr on ITV PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Oct 8, 2017.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I hear what you are saying but ITV have a much deeper reach and the fact its Eubank, who for example my 62 year old Mum LOVES, then surely they could do a much better job than they are doing right now.

2. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    There is no doubt in my mind that if GG caught Froch 30 seconds earlier, it would have been a 1st round stoppage. No way Froch could have survived another half minute.

JonnyPfunk, Canvassed and Odins beard like this.
  3. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    It's a long way off in promotional terms (next year), when the tournament will have had a bit more FTA exposure.

Very easy to build and should do well on PPV (for ITV) so long as ITV don't get greedy and charge 20 quid for it.

If it does 50-100k buys at 10 quid a pop then ITV would be very pleased given the minimal rights fee for the whole tournament and virtually no production costs on site.

4. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    I think until recently i have grossly underappreciated the Eubank draw to the British public...

I was sat round my Nan's a few months ago before Jr fought Abraham... and my Nan actually turned to me and asked me if she i can set up the fight for her... she is 80+ ... far from what you would consider the typical boxing punter but she remembers Snr fighting and kept saying how much he looks like his dad etc.

ITV (i think) would of been so much better making all the first round fights on free to air prime time and the PPV in the Semi and Final rounds....

However, Eubank Groves will be the first fight ITV i will buy and i think they do have a real chance of putting up decent numbers with Eubank especially now he is in meaningful fights.

JeremyCorbyn likes this.
  5. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    He is a draw. Sky defiantly wanted Eubank and Eddie also saw there was money to be made with Eubank. His ideal as he will have fans and will have people who will pay to watch him lose. His style is appealing and if his career was managed better he would already be a Sky box office fighter by now.

Kapparino and Beez like this.
  6. SambaKing

SambaKing Member banned Full Member

Feb 17, 2017
    If the Eubank double act was with Hearn & got the big fights, & most importantly got victories in amazing fashion which I believe he will do, then he could be even bigger or at least in the same stratosphere than AJ. That sounds ridiculous at first but not when you take time to think about it.

I'm a saddo who watches nearly every boxing interview available but I just can't watch AJ because he is so damn boring. On the other hand, the Eubank double act is sheer and utter hilarity. He could be HUGE. Although I must confess, it seems most of AJ's audience these days are horny white girls. Cringe.

Howitzer1888 and CutThroatFade like this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Let's wait and see how ITV price their semi final PPVs. They've demonstrated so far that they are a bunch of amateurs and pure chancers with regards to their promoting and pricing structure. It really wouldn't shock me if they price Groves-Eubank at £25+.

SambaKing likes this.
  8. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    Groves needs to win as impressively as Eubank Jnr did, then we have a fight that can be promoted to the moon

9. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    LOL they paid huge $$ for the rights, I think they will be greatly disappointed if Groves vs Jr did 50k @ 10 quid, are you serious? That is a pathetic number @ that price for that fight.

I can tell you now it won't be less than 16.95

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  10. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I honestly feel like a lot of people are seriously underestimating how well the numbers have done in the past.

ITV put on strong undercards in the past but they bought the whole package for WBSS so don't have an influence in those cards.

Uncle Frank said there is no magic formula when it comes to ppv, some he thought would be huge bombed and some he thought were poor were huge successes.

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    This would do very good numbers if it was a Hearn/Sky show.

12. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    True.. I also thought GG got far to casual with Froch in both fights. I honestly think with more discipline he could've beat Froch

13. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Just seen on Eubank Jnr's twitter account Snr ushering ring card girls away rudely when it come to posing..The man has control issues on another level lol Daft twat

14. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    what is the proposed date for eubank v groves/cox?

15. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    All that for what?

a yoga pose on the floor?

Here's Johnny likes this.