guess the celebrity bodyguard for muhammad ali, joe frazier, leon spinks, bruce lee?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Illmatic, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
  2. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    :twisted: You douchebag

3. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    shortest thread ever....anyone wanna propose a new topic?

4. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    Mr. T used to win bodyguard, bouncer & toughman competitions, or so the legend goes anyway.

5. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I saw him on a competition between some bodyguards type show years ago.

He used to feed something like 5,000 people, to some extent, out of his own pocket.

Great guy with alot of compassoin for those in need.

6. pipe wrenched

pipe wrenched ESB ELITE SQUAD Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Mr. T is one cool/funny/fun/great mo' fo'. I heard he got his big break doing a stunt man tryout or something like that he had to jump thru a glass window and some top suit type saw/met him and he got his shot at the big screens.

7. Motor City Sam

Motor City Sam Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Mr. T has done a lot of charity work and has visited many children's hospitals and schools. From everything I have heard, he is a great guy. And NO ONE could have done a better job as Clubber Lang. I loved the way he was ready to fight Apollo Creed right there in the ring during the introductions before he fought Balboa in the first bout in Rocky III. "Get away from me you has been champ! Oh, you don't like it? Come on, Creed. Jump!" Classic.

8. Motor City Sam

Motor City Sam Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Agreed. And Clubber Lang crushes Rocky in the third fight of the trilogy. Imagine how focused he would be after being beaten and having his title taken away. :bbb

9. lyraus

lyraus Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Are you sure he was Bruce Lee's bodyguard? Never heard about that. I did know he was Ali's though.

And lol @ Clubber Lang > Apollo Creed. Rocky did a BAD Apollo Creed impression and was able to box Lang's ears off. Imagine that, Balboa OUTBOXING someone with his speed. lol, imagine what a prime Creed would have done to Lang. Clubber was just a crude slugger who caught Balboa on his worst night.

10. cardstars

cardstars Gamboa is GOD Full Member

Jun 6, 2007
    I have a documentary on Bruce Lee and there are no mentions of any bodyguards. In fact he used to get challenged to street fights all the time and NEVER turned them down,,,,so why would he even need a bodyguard?

11. vitesse349

vitesse349 Active Member Full Member

May 22, 2007
    I love MR T. What a legend.

12. lyraus

lyraus Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Sounds like utter bullshyt, and if true that would make him a douche. Any trained fighter should be able to walk away when some average Joe challenges them to a streetfight. Plus, even if you could, why would possibly WANT to have to fight guys on the street when you could pay someone else to simply save you the hassle?

13. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    the myth of bruce lee is full of bull**** like that

14. bratwurzt

bratwurzt Whore Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Keep up soft lad.

15. cardstars

cardstars Gamboa is GOD Full Member

Jun 6, 2007
    It is infact true that he took street challenges all the time. I think you have to know their culture to really get it, but he had MANY documented street fights. If I remember right the challenger would simply tap his foot on the ground and that meant that he obviously thought he could take Bruce. If Bruce backed down then his rep went to ****. :deal