Guillermo "El Chacal" Rigondeaux

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 14, 2015.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Out for eleven months and returns in a non-title fifth-billed 10-rounder on the Cotto vs. Canelo PPV undercard versus a guy that was iced recently in 1 round by a Filipino journeyman. :-(

So are the WBO & WBA going to strip him next month for not defending either belt for a year? :think

Rigondeaux is a top p4p boxer, and now, with the retirement of Mayweather, perhaps the finest defensive master currently active (though he does have some kinks in his armor, having been given a few scares when he fought down to his opposition's level) - he really ought to be mixing with a higher class, and more consistently. He's 35 years old, FFS. Nearly a year off, and then freaking Drian Francisco?

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    What the hell was Pagara, Servania, Socarras, Wake, Ceja or Guzman doing, I/m sure they'd be available.

Hinata Maruta is facing Jason Canoy the guy that just KO'd Francisco in his first friggin match.:lol:

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah - forgot to mention that! Drian was iced lickety-split by someone that was deemed so harmless they are throwing a hyped moneymaker in with him in his pro debut. (granted Maruta is supposed to be very good and likely to be fast-tracked, but still...)

4. SOUTHERMOST

SOUTHERMOST Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 24, 2006
    With a week notice who else is available you have to pay the bills.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    The point is that it shouldn't have taken until a week ago to get something lined up for a 35-year-old top p4p boxer.

6. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Theres already a putrid poster on here and the other site called Chacal

Shame on you for naming a boxing God that

.....and for hijacking my Mr Calzaghe thread

7. Idk. According to everyone and their mother, Rigo isn't keeping himself sidelined his suspect promoters and managers are. The "reptiles". He was originally fighting someone else in Canada in december. Might as well get back on HBO instead.

8. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    The division is a joke. The champions have avoided challengers for so long that theres now a queue of guys who all deserve a shot being shut out. Yeah Frampton Vs Quigg is signed, great, but that didn't happen until Frampton got told he'd have to fight Wake.

9. Barrera

Barrera Defeated Boxing_master Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    well rigo was trying to face tough opposition but they dont want none of him...

RIGOLUTION

10. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    :deal
    I'm glad somebody else figured it out and said something. This is just a cash out fight for these guys.

11. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Guillermo needs to fight someone good, I'm tired of these bull**** opponents now.

12. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    did you enjoy it?

13. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    there was a thread out last week that the WBA already stripped him, and the WBO was about to.
    wich I think is ok, but also extreme inconsistent from the WBA who let other beltholders run around with it without defending for 2 years.

14. Stallion

Stallion Son of Rome Full Member

May 6, 2013
    It would have been Leo Santa Cruz, Scott Quigg, Carl Frampton, Nonito Donaire II and Chris Avalos...

... but they ran scared.

You should've seen that fear, it was fascinating. :cool:

15. Santiago

Santiago Active Member Full Member

May 13, 2009

... and wasn't able at the same time to name a single obligatory defence for the Cuban ...