Guillermo Rigondeaux Defects (Cuban Boxers)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jaycuban, Jul 23, 2007.

1. jaycuban

jaycuban Cubans Do It Better ! Full Member

Apr 27, 2007
    I dont know if you gusy remember my post about Guillermo Rigondeauz : "Greatest amture boxer to never turn pro"

well guest what ?

HE DEFECTD YESTURDAY in Pan American Games going on in Brazil right now along with boxing partner Erislandy Lara

HERE IS HIS RECORD

Guillermo Rigondeaux
    This content is protected

PACQUIAO IM COMING FOR YOUUUUUUUUUU HAHAHAHA

He currently claims an amateur record of 243-4

Olympic results
    [
    ]
    Other amateur achievements
    Retrieved from "
    "

2. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Wow! Great news fopr boxing fans. He could be a title holder by the end of 2008 and top 10 P4P by the end of 2009. At only 26, he's got age on his side as well (if it wasn't fabricated, which is pretty common with Cuban athletes). The question will be whether he has enough power in the pros, but he certainly has the skill set to dominate.

3. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    A lot of these cubans are ferocious punchers, even having been taught strictly in the amateurs..

4. Carlos Primera

Carlos Primera Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    definitely a talent, hope he carries it over to the pros if he decides to become one. but keep in mind amateur success does'nt always translate to pro success.

5. jaycuban

Apr 27, 2007
    Men this guys is incredable, my brother is a boxer and his father is a trainer for cuban boxing, well he trained in cuba with the current cuban boxing team back in 2004 and everybody says they have never seen a boxer with so much skill as this guy.

6. NBT

NBT Mοderator of Death Full Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Yeah, I heard about that, seems like the Cuban team is rapidly falling apart. Good news for the Russians in light of the upcoming World Championships and Olympics.

7. jaycuban

Apr 27, 2007

it is falling apart, but i dont think this will affect the cuban team much, cause it is almost harder to make the national cuban team than to compete in international competitions, so the team cuba has now is pretty good and young, most of their fighters are in the age range of 20 - 23, so thats very good, cuba even after loosing their best boxers is looking pretty good for the Olympics, cause the boxing school in cuba is just the best in the world... thats why they produce so much great fighters.

8. NBT

NBT Mοderator of Death Full Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Well, I've heard different, the Cuban team is certainly not happy about this and the situation is kind of tense right now. Sure, the Cubans have a good talent pool but so does the Russians. The Cubans can't really afford to lose talents like Solis and Rigondeaux. You can be sure that the main players of the Russians like Tishchenko (that guy is special), Timurziev, Korobov etc. will stick around until the next Olympics.

9. Fedor Em

Fedor Em Enforcement, VRWC style Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Nice to hear, this guy is a world class ameteur and should make a great pro. We will see how he does, but I think he may have a better carrer than Casa.

10. jaycuban

Apr 27, 2007

well it is not official were they are located now, but i hope that arena promotions picks him up like they did Solis and the rest. (by the way they are all very good friends)

11. jaycuban

Apr 27, 2007
    this will be great for boxing.