Gvozdyk to Stay in Hospital

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Incinerate, Oct 19, 2019.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Oh, but I was out of line for complaining about rabbit punches last night according to some posters. There needs to be a vicious hardline drawn in terms of them, 1 warning, then points immediately start coming off. Beterbiev was allowed by that hack Rosato to do that **** throughout the fight.:ohno

There's no more egregious a foul than rabbit punching. Far worse than low blows or excessive holding, yet fighters are allowed to get away with that trash incessantly. It's sickening and should never be tolerated.

"I'm still here with him," Atlas said. "I just brought him last night because he had pain behind his head from the punches he got hit there, so they did a scan and saw a possible small something and did another scan six hours later and [the doctor] wanted us to stay 24 hours to be safe. So we canceled his flight, and I will stay with him here another night, then [on Sunday] bring him to my home [in New York] -- just again to be safe. Then Monday, he will fly home. He is OK.

"He's fine, but we are still here just as precaution and will stay the night. [On Sunday] morning, if all is the same, they will discharge him."

2. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    I’m just glad that he’s ok. Gyvozdyk was also turning his head into shots on the clinch. Beterbiev was throwing him out of clinches at first and later landed some rabbit punches. Many didn’t think they were on purpose. I’m a guy who is totally against rabbit punching but I didn’t feel during the fight that he was. I blame the ref for that.

CST80 likes this.
  3. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    And that’s a good eye too @CST80.

CST80 likes this.
  4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Oh please. Rosato wasn't biased towards Beterbiev in the slightest. Punches can stray behind the back of the head and also not be intentional or consistent. Beterbiev wasn't rabbit punching to an extent that warranted warning or DQ. Besides. You've never been one to give Beterbiev a fair shake and there are plenty of far more blatant rabbit punchers like Wilder that you're a fan of and haven't called out.

5. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Probably has a little bleeding going on in the brain, good thing the referee stopped it because if beterbiev landed a knockout punch this could have been another situation just one week after the other incident. Boxing definitely has to have some new measures implemented but i don’t see the commissions doing anything sadly until fighters start dropping dead each week.

6. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    He was turning his head a lot so some punches landed on the back of the head. Not good but happens if you move your head and upper body like that. I hope he's fine. He should definitely take some time off now. Blaming Beterbiev for intentional rabbit punching is garbage though. He is a fair guy and didn't do that intentionally.

7. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    I took another look at the fight and this was clearly the case. There was no intentional rabbit punching on Beterbievs behalf. Most shots that strayed to the back were wiffing punches that strayed due to The Nail moving his head or ducking down. Most were pretty borderline as well. a lot of punches to the side of the head. The better man won due to breaking the will of his opponent through clean punches. Good body work, jabs and right hands upstairs. No controversy here whatsoever.

roughdiamond, f1ght3rz, Boon and 3 others like this.
  8. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Gvozdyk was turning down and ducking low on many occasions which led to those sorts of punches but not ONCE did he or Atlas complain about them during the fight and no commentators or fans picked up on it either.....

Beterbiev does not have a history of rabbit punching and there are no precedented allegations against him for that.

Gvozdyk fought scared and lost heart as the fight went on but was still a warrior till the end.

The Caucusus region combatants (MMA, wrestling, boxing or otherwise) have a pretty strong fight code; fight hard but fight clean and respect your opponent to the end.

9. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, Gvozdyk was partially to blame, but just because someone is presenting you with a target, doesn't mean you literally always have to take the shot. He could have reined that **** in.

As far as Beterbiev goes, yeah, he never has dirty intentions does he?:rolleyes:
    This content is protected

10. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Tko in the 10th
    ...only result that matters the best man won
    Hell it was the only time I seen a guy get hurt to the body and the ref called time out lmao he had plenty of help to win...but didnt ...next fight please

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  11. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Still sour over that one too?

12. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    You really have no room to talk. I mean, it's not like most of your arguments on here are due to some bitterness over a robbery..Or a FOUL by Cormier.o_O And yeah, I'm still ****ing annoyed by it. And?

13. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Something widely echoed by a large segment of the fight community vs. some isolated bellyaching. Yeah there's a lot more room to talk for me if you're going to bring that up. :lol:

Hey man. Johnson performed valiantly in that fight but he came up short against the better man. His stock rose and there are more big fights on the horizon for him.

14. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Im not being bias neither go look at the play by play it was a awesome match I enjoyed it ..was totally 50/50 as the rounds went on ...I dont even really know much about either fighter ..hell have a rematch I'd watch it again

laffie and UnleashtheFURY like this.